-   -   Resolved: Gutenprint Printer Drivers (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/57401-resolved-gutenprint-printer-drivers.html)

Bob Collins 02-16-2008 10:14 PM

Resolved: Gutenprint Printer Drivers

Gerald Dachs wrote:

Am Sat, 16 Feb 2008 22:49:59 +0100
schrieb Gerald Dachs <ubuntu@dachsweb.de>:

Am Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:56:41 -0700
schrieb Bob Collins <bcollins@peakpeak.com>:

I should have mentioned that I am using ubuntu 7.10, gutsy. The
reason I want to download Gutenprint is that is the only place where
I have found a good driver for my Epson CX6000 3-in-1. Using Adept
Installer, I don't find gutenprint so I must not be looking with the
repro URL that has gutenprint.

I don't know what an adept installer is

Ah, I see synaptic for kde

Gerald

I used adept_installer to install Synaptic Package Manager. I did a search on guter and found a tom of stuff.
Thank you.

Bob

Mario Vukelic 02-17-2008 08:24 AM

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 16:14 -0700, Bob Collins wrote:
> I used adept_installer to install Synaptic Package Manager. I did a
> search on guter and found a tom of stuff.

Something is very weird with your Adept then, or you did not use it
correctly. This should not happen, as Adept and Synaptic access the same
repos.

Bob Collins 02-17-2008 06:10 PM

Mario Vukelic wrote:

I used adept_installer to install Synaptic Package Manager. I did a
search on guter and found a tom of stuff.

Something is very weird with your Adept then, or you did not use it
correctly. This should not happen, as Adept and Synaptic access the same
repos.

That is why I was asking for the repo* URL. Adept is, however, just
like it was made when I upgraded from feisty to gutsy.