Old 09-09-2011, 06:42 PM

Default Transferring contacts from BlackBerry to Evolution

Hi, I need help: I was on WindowsXP and saved my contacts on my BlackBerry Curve. Ideleted Windows and installed Ubuntu 10.4 with Evolution for e-mail. My question is: how can I copy the contact list to Evolution. Please do not accept that I am computer litterate - I use my computer like I drive my car, I know where the gas and brake pedals are, but do not know what goes on under the hood.
Hendrik

Old 09-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Bruce Pieterse

On Sep 9, 2011 8:40 PM, <duplessis.hendrik965@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I need help: I was on WindowsXP and saved my contacts on my BlackBerry Curve. Ideleted Windows and installed Ubuntu 10.4 with Evolution for e-mail. My question is: how can I copy the contact list to Evolution. Please do not accept that I am computer litterate - I use my computer like I drive my car, I know where the gas and brake pedals are, but do not know what goes on under the hood.

> Hendrik

Hi Hendrik,

I had a blackberry and found it extremely hard to sync with Ubuntu. I could only backup my phone with an application called barry. Regarding your contacts, if your phone has an option to export your contact list, you just might be able to import it into evolution.

I will try and see if there is another way, but I can't guarantee anything.

Best of luck

Bruce

Old 09-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Preston Hagar

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM, <duplessis.hendrik965@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I need help: I was on WindowsXP and saved my contacts on my BlackBerry Curve. Ideleted Windows and installed Ubuntu 10.4 with Evolution for e-mail. My question is: how can I copy the contact list to Evolution. Please do not accept that I am computer litterate - I use my computer like I drive my car, I know where the gas and brake pedals are, but do not know what goes on under the hood.
> Hendrik

You might try this guide:

Looks like it is anything but straightforward though. I don't have a
Blackberry, nor do I use evolution, so that probably is about the most
help I can give, sorry.

Preston