Old 02-16-2008, 03:17 PM
"Ashley Benton"

Default Gimp color troubles

Hi,
I am trying to get gimp to write a black text on an image, usually it works without troubles.
Today it writes only with the background color, I tried to import the text from a file but it did the same and put it to the background color. The result is that you can't see the text. I guess one of the last update changed something.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?
Thank you
Meg

Old 02-16-2008, 03:27 PM
R Kimber

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:17:52 -0500
Ashley Benton wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to get gimp to write a black text on an image, usually it
> works without troubles.
> Today it writes only with the background color, I tried to import the
> text from a file but it did the same and put it to the background
> color. The result is that you can't see the text. I guess one of the
> last update changed something.
> Is there anything I can do to fix it?
> Thank you
> Meg

It seems to work OK here, so it probably isn't a Gimp problem per se.
Without knowing the precise nature of what you are doing, it's hard to
advise.

--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/

Old 02-16-2008, 03:41 PM
"Ashley Benton"

I am just making a gif button, first layer with the button color is working (just duplicate my button) but when I want to add the text it writes only whith the background color. I tried black, red, green, dark blue...and everything is light blue.

Usually I can add a black text without any problem but not today.
I tried on a second computer and it did the same
I am completely lost as why it does that
Meg

Old 02-16-2008, 04:32 PM
"geoffrey froner"

Have you checked the selected color in FG/BG? The little icons that start as black over white?
Also look at the layers dialogue to see which layer is selected.* If there are no icons in that dialogue, click on the "auto" button which is on the right side of the dialogue box.* If you move the selected text box away from the main selection you may see the text.***

There are many tricky things in Gimp that can be explained in the online manual or by writing to the Gimp users group.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:47 PM
"Ashley Benton"

Yes when I move the layer away I can see my text in light blue over a transparent background. Usually the text is black, white, or whatever color I want.
I just tried to do a new button and it worked without problem. Apparently it doesn't work only when I duplicate my image and add text over it. I will just redo the button.

Thank you for your help
Meg