Old 09-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Juan

Default PSX

Hi people. A cloudy summer morning at Santo Domingo.

I was looking for some fun today on my linux box while a mail server
change takes place in the background and figured out that I only haved
relatively good look wth a old SNES emulator.

But I want to play with my Play Station ROMs too. As I do on the
Windows Vista.

Somebody with good experience in emulation of PS ONE?

My distro -> Ubuntu 11.04

Juan Pablo

Old 09-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Ric Moore

On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 11:44 -0400, Juan wrote:
> Hi people. A cloudy summer morning at Santo Domingo.
>
> I was looking for some fun today on my linux box while a mail server
> change takes place in the background and figured out that I only haved
> relatively good look wth a old SNES emulator.
>
> But I want to play with my Play Station ROMs too. As I do on the
> Windows Vista.
>
> Somebody with good experience in emulation of PS ONE?

There's a bunch of emulators out there in the repos. What I did was
install a bunch of them to see what worked.. for NES. I think only one
out of the entire bunch actually let me play that farmer game. Pure
mindless fun. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 09-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Juan

Hi people. A cloudy summer morning at Santo Domingo.

I was looking for some fun today on my linux box while a mail server
change takes place in the background and figured out that I only

haved

relatively good look wth a old SNES emulator.

But I want to play with my Play Station ROMs too. As I do on the
Windows Vista.

Somebody with good experience in emulation of PS ONE?

There's a bunch of emulators out there in the repos. What I did was
install a bunch of them to see what worked.. for NES. I think only one
out of the entire bunch actually let me play that farmer game. Pure
mindless fun. Ric

ZSNES was the only one that worked. I installed one for Sega Saturn
(worked partially). But no luck with Play Station. I want play Need For
Speed.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:32 AM
Juan

Hi people. A cloudy summer morning at Santo Domingo.

I was looking for some fun today on my linux box while a mail server
change takes place in the background and figured out that I only

haved

relatively good look wth a old SNES emulator.

But I want to play with my Play Station ROMs too. As I do on the
Windows Vista.

Somebody with good experience in emulation of PS ONE?

There's a bunch of emulators out there in the repos. What I did was
install a bunch of them to see what worked.. for NES. I think only one
out of the entire bunch actually let me play that farmer game. Pure
mindless fun. Ric

ZSNES was the only one that worked. I installed one for Sega Saturn
(worked partially). But no luck with Play Station. I want play Need
For Speed.

Hello!? Any PlayStation emulator suggestions? Or I need to go back to
Windows?

Old 09-09-2011, 03:12 AM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 21:32 -0400, Juan wrote:
> El 04/09/11 20:52, Juan escribió:

What have you tried? There's a bunch of emulators. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 09-09-2011, 03:16 AM
Juan

[...]

ePSx and PCSX. None worked. I don't know others. These are the best/most
widely used. But if you have tried one that worked well give me the link
and the way to set it up.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:09 AM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 23:16 -0400, Juan wrote:

> ePSx and PCSX. None worked. I don't know others. These are the best/most
> widely used. But if you have tried one that worked well give me the link
> and the way to set it up.

Huh, they claim it works from what is reported in synaptic. Have you
tried running it from command line to see what errors it reports?
Here's a link: http://www.zophar.net/linux/psx.html where he reports you
have to have plugins for PCSX to work correctly. Heh, the alpha version
was last updated in 2009. Scratch that one!

Ah! This one looks promising: http://pcsx2.net/ and from there is a link
to a ppa!!
https://launchpad.net/~gregory-hainaut/+archive/pcsx2.official.ppa

I hope this works for you, I'm going to check it out myself. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 09-09-2011, 05:55 AM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 21:32 -0400, Juan wrote:
> El 04/09/11 20:52, Juan escribió:

I got it working... using pcsxr (reloaded) but I can't figure out the
keyboard controls for it.

Linux user# 44256

Old 09-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Juan

El 09/09/11 01:55, Ric Moore escribió:

[...]

Good. It worked nearly out of the box. I'm testing it with Need For
Speed and a set of BIOS dumps. Thanks.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Ric Moore

On Sun, 2011-09-11 at 17:58 -0400, Juan wrote:
> El 09/09/11 01:55, Ric Moore escribió:

> > I got it working... using pcsxr (reloaded) but I can't figure out the
> > keyboard controls for it.
> >

> Good. It worked nearly out of the box. I'm testing it with Need For
> Speed and a set of BIOS dumps. Thanks.

Interesting problem. glad to have helped! Now I'm glued on dosbox and
running a bunch of old DOS games I used to love. Thanks for getting me
re-hooked on Wacky Wheels. I loved that one. Even played it networked
via 14.4 modems back in the day! "Another World" is another favorite of
mine, ported to DOS from the Amiga. Ric

Linux user# 44256