Old 02-16-2008, 12:05 PM
R Kimber

Default Firefox question

Recently (I can't say exactly when it started), all the Google adverts
on webpages I browse with Firefox (2.0.0.12 with 7.10) have acquired
horizontal and vertical scroll bars. They do not have scroll bars in
Opera, nor in IE with Windows.

Is there a setting somewhere that will enable me to remove this
'feature', or does Firefox have a problem rendering Google ads?

- Richard
--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/

Old 02-16-2008, 01:23 PM
R Kimber

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:05:55 +0000
R Kimber wrote:

> Recently (I can't say exactly when it started), all the Google adverts
> on webpages I browse with Firefox (2.0.0.12 with 7.10) have acquired
> horizontal and vertical scroll bars. They do not have scroll bars in
> Opera, nor in IE with Windows.
>
> Is there a setting somewhere that will enable me to remove this
> 'feature', or does Firefox have a problem rendering Google ads?

It turned out that the problem was caused by mozilla-plugin-gnash

Removing it and re-installing the plugin solved the problem ... for the
moment.

--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/