Old 02-16-2008, 05:37 AM
Leonard Chatagnier

Default WMP54G & RT61PCI Wont Auto Connect

I hope this is the last time I need to bring up this
issue. Everything works except the adapter wont auto
connect on bootup. Annoying that I must perform "sudo
ifdown wlan0" and sudo "ifup wlan0" once I can access
a terminal before it connects; sudo ifup wlan0 alone
wont do it. Is there some boot command I could use to
get it to autoconnect or anything anyone knows that
would get the adapter to autoconnect. Appreciate your
thoughts.
TIA,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 02-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Nils Kassube

Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> Everything works except the adapter wont auto
> connect on bootup. Annoying that I must perform "sudo
> ifdown wlan0" and sudo "ifup wlan0" once I can access
> a terminal before it connects; sudo ifup wlan0 alone
> wont do it. Is there some boot command I could use to
> get it to autoconnect or anything anyone knows that
> would get the adapter to autoconnect.

You could edit the file /etc/rc.local as root and put your commands before
the line "exit 0". Then the last lines would look like this:

ifdown wlan0
ifup wlan0
exit 0

Please note: You don't need sudo here because the file is executed by
root.

Nils

Old 02-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Leonard Chatagnier

--- Nils Kassube <kassube@gmx.net> wrote:

> Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> > Everything works except the adapter wont auto
> > connect on bootup. Annoying that I must perform
> "sudo
> > ifdown wlan0" and sudo "ifup wlan0" once I can
> access
> > a terminal before it connects; sudo ifup wlan0
> alone
> > wont do it. Is there some boot command I could use
> > get it to autoconnect or anything anyone knows
> that
> > would get the adapter to autoconnect.
>
> You could edit the file /etc/rc.local as root and
> put your commands before
> the line "exit 0". Then the last lines would look
> like this:
>
> ifdown wlan0
> ifup wlan0
> exit 0
>
> Please note: You don't need sudo here because the
> file is executed by
> root.
>

> Nils
Thanks Nils, for this very useful info. New area for
me. I'll try it out and post the results,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net