Old 02-16-2008, 04:21 AM
Bob Collins

Default Gutenprint Printer Drivers

I would appreciate help with setting up a repository that would allow me
to download the Gutenprint Printer Driver package.

Thank you in advance.

Bob Collins

Old 02-16-2008, 06:38 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 22:21 -0700, Bob Collins wrote:
> I would appreciate help with setting up a repository that would allow me
> to download the Gutenprint Printer Driver package.

I'm not a printing kind of person, but if I search the main Ubuntu repo
for gutenprint, I find all kinds of packages, including
cupsys-driver-gutenprint:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2at4rj

Old 02-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 22:21 -0700, Bob Collins wrote:
> I would appreciate help with setting up a repository that would allow me
> to download the Gutenprint Printer Driver package.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Bob Collins

Since gutenprint is used for photo quality printouts, most of it is
installed with the printer packages. Foomatic, Gimp, Cups, etc all
include gutenprint in their packages. Are you looking for a separate
driver?

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 02-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Bob Collins

I should have mentioned that I am using ubuntu 7.10, gutsy. The reason
I want to download Gutenprint is that is the only place where I have
found a good driver for my Epson CX6000 3-in-1.* Using Adept Installer,
I don't find gutenprint so I must not be looking with the repro URL
that has gutenprint.

Thank you.

Bob

Old 02-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Gerald Dachs

Am Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:56:41 -0700
schrieb Bob Collins <bcollins@peakpeak.com>:

> I should have mentioned that I am using ubuntu 7.10, gutsy. The
> reason I want to download Gutenprint is that is the only place where
> I have found a good driver for my Epson CX6000 3-in-1. Using Adept
> Installer, I don't find gutenprint so I must not be looking with the
> repro URL that has gutenprint.

I don't know what an adept installer is and I don't understand what you
mean with repro URL, but please tell me what is wrong with the
driver for the Stylus CX6000 that is already part of gutsy?

Gerald

Old 02-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Gerald Dachs

Am Sat, 16 Feb 2008 22:49:59 +0100
schrieb Gerald Dachs <ubuntu@dachsweb.de>:

> Am Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:56:41 -0700
> schrieb Bob Collins <bcollins@peakpeak.com>:
>
> > I should have mentioned that I am using ubuntu 7.10, gutsy. The
> > reason I want to download Gutenprint is that is the only place where
> > I have found a good driver for my Epson CX6000 3-in-1. Using Adept
> > Installer, I don't find gutenprint so I must not be looking with the
> > repro URL that has gutenprint.
>
> I don't know what an adept installer is

Ah, I see synaptic for kde

Gerald

Old 02-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 13:56 -0700, Bob Collins wrote:
> I should have mentioned that I am using ubuntu 7.10, gutsy.

And the link to the package database I gave shows the packages for
Gutsy:
cupsys-driver-gutenprint, foomatic-db-gutenprint, and others. Is there
anything wrong with those?

> The reason I want to download Gutenprint is that is the only place
> where I have found a good driver for my Epson CX6000 3-in-1. Using
> Adept Installer, I don't find gutenprint so I must not be looking with
> the repro URL that has gutenprint.

According to the package database, they are in the main repo.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Bob Collins

There is no CX6000 driver on my laptop or the desktop.

Adept Installer is the application that comes up when you click on the
Add/Remove Programs.

Bob

Old 02-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Gerald Dachs

Am Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:56:43 -0700
schrieb Bob Collins <bcollins@peakpeak.com>:

> There is no CX6000 driver on my laptop or the desktop.

There is. You don't use Ubuntu or you don't look right.
Tell me what you have done to find it.
It seems you are using Kubuntu, maybe this make the difference.

Gerald

Old 02-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Derek Broughton

Gerald Dachs wrote:

> Am Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:56:43 -0700
> schrieb Bob Collins <bcollins@peakpeak.com>:
>
>> There is no CX6000 driver on my laptop or the desktop.
>
> There is. You don't use Ubuntu or you don't look right.

Why would there be? Even assuming the case is right (ie, not "cx6000") the
print drivers aren't part of the base system.

> Tell me what you have done to find it.
> It seems you are using Kubuntu, maybe this make the difference.

I can't find anything containing "cx6000", either case, on
packages.ubuntu.com, either, so what package is it supposed to be in?

And Bob - please stop posting in HTML-only. it's not polite to use HTML to
lists.
--
derek