Old 02-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Bob Collins

Default Gutenprint Printer Drivers

Gerald Dachs wrote:
> Am Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:56:43 -0700
> schrieb Bob Collins <bcollins@peakpeak.com>:
>

>> There is no CX6000 driver on my laptop or the desktop.
>>

> There is. You don't use Ubuntu or you don't look right.
> Tell me what you have done to find it.
> It seems you are using Kubuntu, maybe this make the difference.
>
> Gerald

Your are correct, I am using kubuntu. I don't know what makes the
difference.

Bob

Old 02-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Bob Collins

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Gerald Dachs wrote:
>

>> Am Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:56:43 -0700
>> schrieb Bob Collins <bcollins@peakpeak.com>:
>>

>>> There is no CX6000 driver on my laptop or the desktop.
>>>
>> There is. You don't use Ubuntu or you don't look right.
>>

> Why would there be? Even assuming the case is right (ie, not "cx6000") the
> print drivers aren't part of the base system.
>

>> Tell me what you have done to find it.
>> It seems you are using Kubuntu, maybe this make the difference.
>>

> I can't find anything containing "cx6000", either case, on
> packages.ubuntu.com, either, so what package is it supposed to be in?
>
> And Bob - please stop posting in HTML-only. it's not polite to use HTML to
> lists.

OK.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Gerald Dachs

Am Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:23:58 -0700
schrieb Bob Collins <bcollins@peakpeak.com>:

> Gerald Dachs wrote:
> > Am Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:56:43 -0700
> > schrieb Bob Collins <bcollins@peakpeak.com>:
> >

> >> There is no CX6000 driver on my laptop or the desktop.
> >>

> > There is. You don't use Ubuntu or you don't look right.
> > Tell me what you have done to find it.
> > It seems you are using Kubuntu, maybe this make the difference.
> >
> > Gerald
> >

> Your are correct, I am using kubuntu. I don't know what makes the
> difference.

I see only now that your printer appears in the model list, but
there doesn't show up a driver. Sorry for the nonsense I told.

Gerald

Old 02-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Bob Collins

Gerald Dachs wrote:
> Am Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:23:58 -0700
> schrieb Bob Collins <bcollins@peakpeak.com>:
>

>> Gerald Dachs wrote:

>>> There is. You don't use Ubuntu or you don't look right.
>>> Tell me what you have done to find it.
>>> It seems you are using Kubuntu, maybe this make the difference.
>>>
>>> Gerald
>>>

>> Your are correct, I am using kubuntu. I don't know what makes the
>> difference.
>>

> I see only now that your printer appears in the model list, but
> there doesn't show up a driver. Sorry for the nonsense I told.
>
> Gerald

No problem. That is correct, but the gutenprint CX5800 works.

Bob