Old 11-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Sarunas Burdulis

Default Running 32bit applications on a 64bit system

Old 11-26-2007, 08:06 PM
"Michael R. Head"

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 15:18 -0500, Sarunas Burdulis wrote:

--
Michael R. Head <burner@suppressingfire.org>
http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/

Old 11-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Chris Jones

> 32-bit libraries on debian/ubuntu amd64 systems can be easily installed
> as ia32-libs and related packages. Libraries end up in /lib32 and most
> 32-bit dynamically linked apps work fine.

I thought that /lib *always* contained the 32 bit libs, on both 32 and
64 bit systems. On 64bit systems the 64bit libs are in /lib64. It
doesn't make any sense to place the same 32 bit libs in difference
places on different systems.

At least this is how things are on RH systems. I don't have a 64bit
ubuntu system to poke around in ...

cheers Chris

Old 11-27-2007, 02:11 AM
Ari Torhamo

ma, 2007-11-26 kello 16:06 -0500, Michael R. Head kirjoitti:

> The major problems occur when you want to
> use a 64-bit app with 32-bit binary plugins. nspluginwrapper solves this
> for flash, but in my experience, using java applets under firefox64 has
> some issues yet to be ironed out.

I can confirm that Flash works without problems in a 64-bit system with nspluginwrapper. I have never had a problem with it. Just install nspluginwrapper and that's it.

Ari Torhamo