Old 08-22-2011, 01:19 PM
"roberto.preziusi@gmail.com"

Default Time format

2011/8/22 <molaxp@aol.com>

How I set the time to be show on a 12H format? I have changed the confing from the GNOME frontend but it seems to be broken.

1.
Press, ALT+F2 , then write* "gconf-editor"

2. go to:
/apps/panel/applets/clock_screen0/prefs/hour_format

set the key number to 12

3.
take a look also to format key

bye
--
Preziusi Roberto

Old 08-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Colin Law

On 22 August 2011 14:19, roberto.preziusi@gmail.com
<roberto.preziusi@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/8/22 <molaxp@aol.com>
>>
>> How I set the time to be show on a 12H format? I have changed the confing
>> from the GNOME frontend but it seems to be broken.
>
> 1.
> Press, ALT+F2 , then write* "gconf-editor"

Have you tried using Time and Date Settings from the applet?

Colin

Old 08-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Colin Law

On 22 August 2011 14:44, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 22 August 2011 14:19, roberto.preziusi@gmail.com
> <roberto.preziusi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> 2011/8/22 <molaxp@aol.com>
>>>
>>> How I set the time to be show on a 12H format? I have changed the confing
>>> from the GNOME frontend but it seems to be broken.
>>
>> 1.
>> Press, ALT+F2 , then write* "gconf-editor"
>
> Have you tried using Time and Date Settings from the applet?

Or is that what you meant by the GNOME frontend not working? If so
then you have probably run into this bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-datetime/+bug/751175
The workaround is

1. Press ALT+F2 (to bring up the "Run a command" dialog)
2. Type killall indicator-datetime-preferences and press Enter
3. Try to open Time & Date Settings again

Colin

Old 08-23-2011, 12:47 AM

I dnt see that key.