Old 08-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Amrit Pal Pathak

Default How to write ctrl+z,bg commands in sequence in bash script

hey

*I want to use ctrl+z ,bg commands in a sequence in my script.Can anyone please tell me how i can do it.?
*I just want to run a process in background and then in the same terminal i have to run a new process.

--
Thanks
Regards

Old 08-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Alan Pope

On 22 August 2011 08:18, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:
> *I want to use ctrl+z ,bg commands in a sequence in my script.Can anyone
> please tell me how i can do it.?

Stick an ampersand at the end of the line you want to background. Like this:-

#!/bin/bash
command_one &
command_two

First command one will kick off and immediately go into the background
then command two will start.

Al.