Old 08-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Doug

Default Useless Linux Forums

I have registered to Linux Forums. Nowhere can I find out how to
actually post something to the forum.
I sent them a message, but they just referred me to their on-line
useless "help"--look:

Posting New Messages

How do I format my posts and messages?

Do you see anything there about POSTING? Neither do I. Who cares about
formatting, if you can't send the

formatted message to the forum?

Sent to Ubuntu, since this is probably the widest-read list.

Frustrated--doug

Old 08-21-2011, 11:05 PM
Alan Pope

On 22 August 2011 00:01, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:
> I have registered to Linux Forums. *Nowhere can I find out how to actually
> post something to the forum.

Not sure this is entirely ontopic for this list given its support for
some random website, but..

Most forums I've used have labelled the "new post" as "new thread".
Some might require you to be 'in' the forum or sub-forum that you
actually want to post to before you see a button to post a new
message. Perhaps thats the case?

Hard to tell because you didnt give us a url to the forums. Maybe you
could and we can check it out?

Cheers,
Al.
(forums hater)

Old 08-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Johnny Rosenberg

2011/8/22 Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net>:
> I have registered to Linux Forums. *Nowhere can I find out how to actually
> post something to the forum.
> I sent them a message, but they just referred me to their on-line useless
> "help"--look:
> Posting New Messages
>
> How do I format my posts and messages?
>
> Do you see anything there about POSTING? *Neither do I. *Who cares about
> formatting, if you can't send the
> formatted message to the forum?
>
> Sent to Ubuntu, since this is probably the widest-read list.
>
> Frustrated--doug
>
> --
> Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.
> --A. M. Greeley

Do you mean this forum?
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/

In that case, first login (upper right corner of the page).
Now select your distribution under ”Your distro” (Arch Linux, Debian
Linux, Gentoo Linux…)
Now, to the left above all the threads, there is a yellow button
called ”+ Post New Thread”
Click it and off you go!

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg