Old 08-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Donkey Hottie

Default Nattu under VirtualBox

Only problem I have is that the right number pad keys +, -, * and / do
not work. They do nothing.

What might be doable to fix this?

Old 08-23-2011, 03:02 PM
"roberto.preziusi@gmail.com"

2011/8/21 Donkey Hottie <donkey@fredriksson.dy.fi>

What might be doable to fix this?
try xev to know if those keys are recognized.
if they aren't,* you need to change the keyboard settings or to map your key manually with xmodmap

bye
--
Preziusi Roberto

Old 08-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Donkey Hottie

23.8.2011 18:02, roberto.preziusi@gmail.com kirjoitti:
> 2011/8/21 Donkey Hottie <donkey@fredriksson.dy.fi
> <mailto:donkey@fredriksson.dy.fi>>
>
> What might be doable to fix this?
>

> try *xev* to know if those keys are recognized.
> if they aren't, you need to change the keyboard settings or to map your
> key manually with xmodmap

Seems that xev does not see them. Amazing that stock Ubuntu does not see
important keys!

--

It's all in the mind, ya know.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Colin Law

On 24 August 2011 10:18, Donkey Hottie <donkey@fredriksson.dy.fi> wrote:
> 23.8.2011 18:02, roberto.preziusi@gmail.com kirjoitti:
>> 2011/8/21 Donkey Hottie <donkey@fredriksson.dy.fi
>> <mailto:donkey@fredriksson.dy.fi>>
>>
>> * * What might be doable to fix this?
>>

>> try *xev* to know if those keys are recognized.
>> if they aren't, *you need to change the keyboard settings or to map your
>> key manually with xmodmap
>>

> Seems that xev does not see them. Amazing that stock Ubuntu does not see
> important keys!

What do you see in Keyboard Preferences, Layout tab, Keyboard Model?

Colin

Old 08-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Donkey Hottie

24.8.2011 13:10, Colin Law kirjoitti:
> On 24 August 2011 10:18, Donkey Hottie <donkey@fredriksson.dy.fi> wrote:
>> 23.8.2011 18:02, roberto.preziusi@gmail.com kirjoitti:
>>> 2011/8/21 Donkey Hottie <donkey@fredriksson.dy.fi
>>> <mailto:donkey@fredriksson.dy.fi>>
>>>
>>> What might be doable to fix this?
>>>

>>> try *xev* to know if those keys are recognized.
>>> if they aren't, you need to change the keyboard settings or to map your
>>> key manually with xmodmap
>>>

>> Seems that xev does not see them. Amazing that stock Ubuntu does not see
>> important keys!
>
> What do you see in Keyboard Preferences, Layout tab, Keyboard Model?
>
> Colin

Generic 105-key (intl). This is quite normal keyboard, HP brand but just
a generic keyboard with numpad.

--

Q: What's the difference betweeen USL and the Graf Zeppelin?
A: The Graf Zeppelin represented cutting edge technology for its time.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Colin Law

On 24 August 2011 15:14, Donkey Hottie <donkey@fredriksson.dy.fi> wrote:
> 24.8.2011 13:10, Colin Law kirjoitti:

>>> Seems that xev does not see them. Amazing that stock Ubuntu does not see
>>> important keys!
>>
>> What do you see in Keyboard Preferences, Layout tab, Keyboard Model?
>>
>> Colin
>>

> Generic 105-key (intl). This is quite normal keyboard, HP brand but just
> a generic keyboard with numpad.

You could boot from a live CD to see if the problem exists there.
Also logging in as a different user might be informative.

What is USL? http://www.usl.org.uk/ ?

--
Colin
https://plus.google.com/111605230843729345543/

Old 08-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Donkey Hottie

24.8.2011 17:22, Colin Law kirjoitti:
> On 24 August 2011 15:14, Donkey Hottie <donkey@fredriksson.dy.fi> wrote:
>

>> Q: What's the difference betweeen USL and the Graf Zeppelin?
>
> What is USL? http://www.usl.org.uk/ ?
>
>> A: The Graf Zeppelin represented cutting edge technology for its time.

I don't know. Those fortune cookies are generated by my system randomly.

--

Q: How many DEC repairman does it take to fix a flat?