Old 08-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Glenn Ammons

Default How can I make wpa_supplicant more verbose?

I am having trouble connecting to my father's wireless network and
would like wpa_supplicant to give me more information in syslog.
What's the best way to accomplish this? I don't really know how
wpa_supplicant is invoked; the setup in /etc is pretty dizzying. I
did find that an environment variable named IF_WPA_DEBUG_LEVEL is read
by /etc/wpa_supplicant/functions.sh and seems to make logging more
verbose. However, I can't figure out where I should set that
variable. I suppose that I could just edit
/etc/wpa_supplicant/functions.sh, but that seems pretty brainless.

This is on Ubuntu 11.04, by the way.

Thanks.
--glenn

Old 08-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Brian

On Fri 19 Aug 2011 at 12:31:02 -0400, Glenn Ammons wrote:

> I am having trouble connecting to my father's wireless network and
> would like wpa_supplicant to give me more information in syslog.
> What's the best way to accomplish this? I don't really know how

Please see: /usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/README.Debian.gz

wpa-debug-level 3

in the wlan0 stanza in /etc/network/interfaces works for me.