Old 08-19-2011, 02:46 AM
"Seiji Sam Lee"

Default How to ......

Hi again:

How to do gnome2 mandatory in an 11.0 install?

I want purge unity (3d & 2d) and have gnome2 *only*

Thanks: seiji.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:12 AM
Ric Moore

On Fri, 2011-08-19 at 04:46 +0200, Seiji Sam Lee wrote:
> Hi again:
>
> How to do gnome2 mandatory in an 11.0 install?
>
> I want purge unity (3d & 2d) and have gnome2 *only*
>
> Thanks: seiji.

It would be better if your subject line said what help you wanted, then
others could follow your problem to it's resolution in the future.
"Re: How to ..." or "Help me" or "It's broke" just doesn't make it.
I refuse to answer such requests out of orneriness, as no one else is
helped but you. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 08-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Alan Pope

Hello Seiji,

On 19 August 2011 03:46, Seiji Sam Lee <seijisamlee@gmail.com> wrote:
> How to do gnome2 mandatory in an 11.0 install?

You know 11.10 isn't out yet? It's in Alpha.

> I want purge unity (3d & 2d) and have gnome2 *only*

sudo apt-get autoremove unity unity-2d

Then install whatever GNOME 2 based stuff you want.

Al.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Chris Jones

It would be better if your subject line said what help you wanted, then
others could follow your problem to it's resolution in the future.
"Re: How to ..." or "Help me" or "It's broke" just doesn't make it.
I refuse to answer such requests out of orneriness, as no one else is

helped but you. Ric

and while we are at it....

You should also not hijack email threads like this. If you wish to start
a new discussion, start a new email thread (i.e. don't reply to an
existing thread and change the subject line, compose a new email.)

Please note I am not just bitching. Just letting the OP know how to
better help themselves in the future.

Chris