Old 08-18-2011, 06:18 AM
Basil Chupin

Default Add-on not being compatible with latest releases of Firefox

A while back, several weeks, somebody (??ANDY??) here was 'complaining'
that he was not going to use Firefox because he was most annoyed with
not having his (?)40+ add-ons not working when a new upgrade came along
- or words to this effect.

For at least a couple of weeks now I have been running Firefox 8.x[1]
and found that I lost the use of at least 4 extensions because they were
incompatible with 8.x. Although annoyed, I didn't worry too much because
the main security extensions were still working.

This morning, Firefox got upgraded to version 9 - and I lost a couple
more extensions and also the theme (Nautipolis, which I have been using
for years).

Now, this got me "stirred up" :-) , and so I went looking for a butt to
kick.

In my quest I discovered that there is an add-on for Firefox which makes
incompatible add-ons compatible (well, at least all of *my*
extensions/theme now are) with the latest version of Firefox v9.x.

Where do you find it?

Try "Help>Trouble Shooting Information>Support Web Site".

[1] I have the Nightly direct from the Mozilla site installed.

BC

--
"Oh what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive."