-   -   Detection of ATI Video card (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/565393-detection-ati-video-card.html)

08-16-2011 01:47 PM

Detection of ATI Video card

Can any one help me? I have an ASUS
P5B-E motherboard, with an ATI X1900 video card in the PCI-E slot. I cannot
get Ubuntu to 'see' this card at all. The PC works OK, but installing ATI
driver does not work because the card is not detected.

I have upgraded to 11.04 - still no
luck. Tried loads of drivers. but none 'see' the card. I'm thinking of
moving back to Windows (Wash my mouth out)

Thanks

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please do not use its contents for any purpose, advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

The following Henkel Group companies are registered in England & Wales at Apollo Court, 2 Bishop Square Business Park, Hatfield, AL10 9EY;

Henkel Limited company number 00215496

Henkel Orbseal Limited company number 03304266

For more information about Henkel, please visit www.Henkel.co.uk--

Alan Pope 08-17-2011 10:30 PM

Detection of ATI Video card

On 16 August 2011 14:47, <Mike.Collins@uk.henkel.com> wrote:
> Can any one help me? I have an ASUS P5B-E motherboard, with an ATI X1900
> video card in the PCI-E slot. I cannot get Ubuntu to 'see' this card at all.
> The PC works OK, but installing ATI driver does not work because the card is
> not detected.

When you say Ubuntu can't see the card, what are you using to confirm that?

If you have the card inserted and run either of the following
commands, do you see anything ATI related?

lspci

lshw -C video

Cheers,
Al.