Old 08-15-2011, 05:00 PM
user1

Default selection disappear

I am using ubuntu maverick 10.10.

When I make a selection using the mouse og keyboard in e.g. leafpad,
notes and pan the selection disappear immediately.

I have tried to reboot, but the problem is still there?

when i make a selection in icecat everything looks fine.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Jordon Bedwell

On 08/15/2011 12:00 PM, user1 wrote:
> I am using ubuntu maverick 10.10.
> When I make a selection using the mouse og keyboard in e.g. leafpad,
> notes and pan the selection disappear immediately.
> I have tried to reboot, but the problem is still there?
> when i make a selection in icecat everything looks fine.

Sounds like a classic stuck key to me, make sure everything is clean. I
could be wrong though.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:25 PM
user1

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 06:12:18 -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:

> On 08/15/2011 12:00 PM, user1 wrote:
>> I am using ubuntu maverick 10.10.
>> When I make a selection using the mouse og keyboard in e.g. leafpad,
>> notes and pan the selection disappear immediately. I have tried to
>> reboot, but the problem is still there? when i make a selection in
>> icecat everything looks fine.
>
> Sounds like a classic stuck key to me, make sure everything is clean. I
> could be wrong though.

The problem is still there whether I use the left mouse marker or the
shift+arrow keys?

Old 08-26-2011, 07:31 AM
user1

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 22:25:34 +0000, user1 wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 06:12:18 -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
>
>> On 08/15/2011 12:00 PM, user1 wrote:
>>> I am using ubuntu maverick 10.10.
>>> When I make a selection using the mouse og keyboard in e.g. leafpad,
>>> notes and pan the selection disappear immediately. I have tried to
>>> reboot, but the problem is still there? when i make a selection in
>>> icecat everything looks fine.
>>
>> Sounds like a classic stuck key to me, make sure everything is clean.
>> I could be wrong though.
>
> The problem is still there whether I use the left mouse marker or the
> shift+arrow keys?

Now, after 2 fairly huge software updates the problem is still there.
Almost impossible to edit text.
Strange, I seem to be the only person with this problem?
Any suggestions?

Old 08-26-2011, 07:33 AM
user1

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 22:25:34 +0000, user1 wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 06:12:18 -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
>
>> On 08/15/2011 12:00 PM, user1 wrote:
>>> I am using ubuntu maverick 10.10.
>>> When I make a selection using the mouse og keyboard in e.g. leafpad,
>>> notes and pan the selection disappear immediately. I have tried to
>>> reboot, but the problem is still there? when i make a selection in
>>> icecat everything looks fine.
>>
>> Sounds like a classic stuck key to me, make sure everything is clean.
>> I could be wrong though.
>
> The problem is still there whether I use the left mouse marker or the
> shift+arrow keys?

It is the blue marking of the selection which disappear, not the very
selection??

Old 08-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Basil Chupin