Old 02-15-2008, 02:47 PM
stan

Default Floppy device names?

I need to transfer data to/from external machines, and we historically do
this via using tar to write to floppies. I've untared this stuff on FreeBSD
for years, but am having a bit of an issue getting this to work on Ubuntu
(7.10). I have a USB floppy plugged in to the Ubuntu machine, what device(s)
should I see this as?

programs.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Bart Silverstrim

stan wrote:
> I need to transfer data to/from external machines, and we historically do
> this via using tar to write to floppies. I've untared this stuff on FreeBSD
> for years, but am having a bit of an issue getting this to work on Ubuntu
> (7.10). I have a USB floppy plugged in to the Ubuntu machine, what device(s)
> should I see this as?

Just after you plug in the device, you may get the name if you run
"dmesg" and see what the usb-related discovery messages say.