Old 08-14-2011, 06:14 AM
Tom Sparks

Default printer server (winXP/Vista/7)

I am looking for a printer server software for a windows XP computer, that has printer drivers for vista(64bit)
whats available?
whats my options?

a little bit of background:
I have a printer that canon well not write drivers for vista (64bit), I have reconnected it to the XP computer, hoping I did not need to install the drivers to use it across the samba network

*
--
tom_a_sparks "It's a nerdy thing I like to do"
Please use ISO approved file formats excluding Office Open XML - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

Old 08-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Craig White

On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 23:14 -0700, Tom Sparks wrote:
> I am looking for a printer server software for a windows XP computer, that has printer drivers for vista(64bit)
> whats available?
> whats my options?
>

> a little bit of background:
> I have a printer that canon well not write drivers for vista (64bit), I have reconnected it to the XP computer, hoping I did not need to install the drivers to use it across the samba network
----
use cups & samba

setup a 'raw' print queue to the printer using cups

share the printer via samba

use a native/standard print driver on Windows system that prints to the
cups server as a destination.

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:46 PM