Old 08-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Jose Diaz Bardales

Default Wireless USB Adapter (Solved)

On Sun, 2011-08-07 at 22:25 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
On Sun, 2011-08-07 at 20:33 -0400, Jose Diaz Bardales wrote:
> > Ladies and Gentlemen!
> >
> <massive snippage> Since I don't use wireless I cannot help you, but
> from the concise and complete run-down on your problem, listing
> everything you have tried and the problems you have narrowed it down
to,
> I would like congratulate you, sir, on a ~FINE~ well-written support
> question. You'll fit in here nicely.
>
> I would like to say Welcome! Ric

> Linux user# 44256

First, I apologize for the lateness. Anyways, Mr Ric thanks for those
welcoming words...

On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 15:37 +0530, Icarus Alive wrote:
> Try "killall wpa_supplicant" and try again.
> Post the output of "dmesg | tail"

Second, Mr Icarus I try the command and found that wpa_supplicant was
not running at all so I took a deep breath and jumped on the man pages
and discovered that I did not have any wpa_supplicant.conf configuration
file (here was the culprit). Lesson learned =(

Again, thanks everybody for the help and time you invest on this list.