Old 08-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Frank McCormick

Default Google-chrome problems

On 11-08-13 02:30 PM, glenn opdycke-hansen wrote:

what urls for the pages that do not load?
what version of chrome browser are you using?

On Aug 13, 2011 1:24 PM, "Frank McCormick" <beacon@videotron.ca
<mailto:beacon@videotron.ca>> wrote:

> Having all sorts of problems with Google-chrome today on my Maverick
> installation - 2 out of 3 web pages wouldn't load...giving me the "it's
> dead Jim" page....so I purged unstable and installed the beta version
> which is **supposed to be more stable* - same problems, and I notice now
> I cannot even set-up Sync- Google keeps telling me the sync server is
> busy...never had that before.
> Anybody having similar problems ??? or is my installation messed up ?

Pretty much 2 out of 3 pages...some partly load then
stall..others load completely but become unresponsive.

I just had a thought that it might be related to the new kernel which
came in todays updates...but I don't think so. It's almost as bad with
the old kernel.

The Chrome version I'm running now is the Beta dl'ed from google.

--
Cheers
Frank

Old 08-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Leo Noordhuizen

Frank and others,
The Issues you are having with synchronising I have been having quite some time already, and have no clue how to solve them.
I can get synchornise get working with *some* parts, but when I select all it either hangs indefinately or tells me that I couldnt get logged in or that the server is down.

I have seen a number of messages about these issues.Some advised to deslect 'Check for server certificate revocation' in preferences, others mentioned that it is related to certain themes.

I tried some of the suggestions, but more or less gave up; sadly.

I was running the normal version of Chrome on Ubuntu 11.04, now running the beta version which I downloaded today.

Good luck finding a solution, and IF you find one I would be quite happy to hear about it.

Regards, Leo Noordhuizen - The Netherlands

what urls for the pages that do not load?

what version of chrome browser are you using?

On Aug 13, 2011 1:24 PM, "Frank McCormick" <beacon@videotron.ca

*>

Old 08-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Jordon Bedwell

On 08/13/2011 02:21 PM, Leo Noordhuizen wrote:
> Frank and others,
>
> The Issues you are having with synchronising I have been having quite some
> time already, and have no clue how to solve them.
>
> I can get synchornise get working with *some* parts, but when I select all
> it either hangs indefinately or tells me that I couldnt get logged in or
> that the server is down.
>
> I have seen a number of messages about these issues.
> Some advised to deslect 'Check for server certificate revocation' in
> preferences, others mentioned that it is related to certain themes.
> I tried some of the suggestions, but more or less gave up; sadly.
>
> I was running the normal version of Chrome on Ubuntu 11.04, now running the
> beta version which I downloaded today. Good luck finding a solution, and IF
> you find one I would be quite happy to hear about it.

And, have any of the diagnosticians that helped you ever told you to
launch it from terminal and watch the terminal for errors?

Old 08-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Tero Pesonen

On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 14:47 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
> On 11-08-13 02:30 PM, glenn opdycke-hansen wrote:
> > what urls for the pages that do not load?
> > what version of chrome browser are you using?
> >
> > On Aug 13, 2011 1:24 PM, "Frank McCormick" <beacon@videotron.ca
> > <mailto:beacon@videotron.ca>> wrote:
> > >
> > > Having all sorts of problems with Google-chrome today on my Maverick
> > > installation - 2 out of 3 web pages wouldn't load...giving me the "it's
> > > dead Jim" page....so I purged unstable and installed the beta version
> > > which is **supposed to be more stable* - same problems, and I notice now
> > > I cannot even set-up Sync- Google keeps telling me the sync server is
> > > busy...never had that before.
> > > Anybody having similar problems ??? or is my installation messed up ?
>

> Pretty much 2 out of 3 pages...some partly load then
> stall..others load completely but become unresponsive.
>
> I just had a thought that it might be related to the new kernel which
> came in todays updates...but I don't think so. It's almost as bad with
> the old kernel.
>
> The Chrome version I'm running now is the Beta dl'ed from google.

Have you tried clearing disk cache and other browser/private data?
Uninstalling won't typically remove all that data, and if there's some
problem with history/cache then the issue could remain.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Jacob Mansfield

try using chromium, it is the program that the linux version of chrome is based on. you can install it by runningapt-get install chromium-browser
Jacob Mansfield

ProgrammerCyberKing Solutionsā„¢

--
Air conditioned environment - do not open windows!

Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.SeeĀ*http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

Old 08-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Frank McCormick

<mailto:beacon@videotron.ca <mailto:beacon@videotron.ca>>> wrote:

> Having all sorts of problems with Google-chrome today on my
Maverick
> installation - 2 out of 3 web pages wouldn't load...giving me
the "it's
> dead Jim" page....so I purged unstable and installed the beta
version
> which is **supposed to be more stable* - same problems, and I
notice now
> I cannot even set-up Sync- Google keeps telling me the sync
server is
> busy...never had that before.
> Anybody having similar problems ??? or is my installation
messed up ?

Pretty much 2 out of 3 pages...some partly load then
stall..others load completely but become unresponsive.

I just had a thought that it might be related to the new kernel
which came in todays updates...but I don't think so. It's almost as
bad with the old kernel.

The Chrome version I'm running now is the Beta dl'ed from google.

Yes, I have seen some of those messages - it **appear** there
may be several problems at work here..including some with the Google
sync server...but Google (as usual) is quiet on the issue.
I have cleaned out all the data the browser uses (including passwords
and cache) but no change. There is definitely something weird going on.

--
Cheers
Frank

Old 08-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Frank McCormick

[...]

Second thing I did. No messages at all.

--
Cheers
Frank

Old 08-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Frank McCormick

what urls for the pages that do not load?
what version of chrome browser are you using?

On Aug 13, 2011 1:24 PM, "Frank McCormick"<beacon@videotron.ca
<mailto:beacon@videotron.ca>> wrote:

> Having all sorts of problems with Google-chrome today on my Maverick
> installation - 2 out of 3 web pages wouldn't load...giving me the "it's
> dead Jim" page....so I purged unstable and installed the beta version
> which is **supposed to be more stable* - same problems, and I notice now
> I cannot even set-up Sync- Google keeps telling me the sync server is
> busy...never had that before.
> Anybody having similar problems ??? or is my installation messed up ?

Pretty much 2 out of 3 pages...some partly load then
stall..others load completely but become unresponsive.

I just had a thought that it might be related to the new kernel which
came in todays updates...but I don't think so. It's almost as bad with
the old kernel.

The Chrome version I'm running now is the Beta dl'ed from google.

Have you tried clearing disk cache and other browser/private data?
Uninstalling won't typically remove all that data, and if there's some
problem with history/cache then the issue could remain.

Yes, that's the first thing I did, along with deleting my profile.
Then I ran it from a terminal...and got no errors.

I have since installed Chromium-Browser...which runs like a champ!!
What's the difference between Google-Chrome and Chrimium-Browser
anyway..can someone explain ??

--
Cheers
Frank

Old 08-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Shaun Jones

what urls for the pages that do not load?

what version of chrome browser are you using?

--

Cheers

Frank

*I personally use the ppa for the chromium daily builds and had some issues with page loading last night but today everything is fine. I experience a hiccup once in a great while with the daily builds but 95% of the time it runs perfectly. *

--
Mister Jones*

Old 08-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Hunter Poe

what urls for the pages that do not load?

what version of chrome browser are you using?

--

Cheers

Frank

*I personally use the ppa for the chromium daily builds and had some issues with page loading last night but today everything is fine. I experience a hiccup once in a great while with the daily builds but 95% of the time it runs perfectly. *

--
Mister Jones*

As I understand it Chrome is the official Google version that they maintain and run.*Chromium*is maintained by the open source community and is specifically to run on open source platforms. They follow the same pattern for their new operating system.