Old 08-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Ben Cliff

Default Mouse buttons unresponsive

11.04

2.6.38-10-generic

Using Microsoft "Wireless Laser Mouse 5000" (model 1058):* Pointer moves around just fine, but buttons and scroll wheel do nothing now. Been using it for a while w/ no problems til now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks -Ben

Old 08-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Wade Smart

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 07:52, Ben Cliff <cliffer.benny@gmail.com> wrote:
> 11.04
> 2.6.38-10-generic
> Using Microsoft "Wireless Laser Mouse 5000" (model 1058):* Pointer moves
> around just fine, but buttons and scroll wheel do nothing now. Been using it
> for a while w/ no problems til now.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks -Ben

About a year and half back I had similar problems. My wireless mouse wouldnt
do anything. Same with my keyboard. I never figured out what the problem was.
I used several different mice all with the same issue. For me, it had to do with
clicking something too fast - it was like the code stuck between the down click
and the up click leaving the entire screen untouchable so the keyboard commands
wouldnt work either.

Something I learned was - as soon as I see any indication of a odd
mouse - unplug
the dongle receiver, reinsert it and go on. No problems since then.

Wade

Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606
Linux since June 2005

Old 08-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Ben Cliff

Hmm it worked... thank you.

Weird

Old 08-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Ben Cliff

I spoke too soon. Now the mouse works fine on the desktop, but not in anything I open (folders, updater, package manager, firefox, etc)

Old 08-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Wade Smart

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 08:41, Ben Cliff <cliffer.benny@gmail.com> wrote:
> I spoke too soon. Now the mouse works fine on the desktop, but not in
> anything I open (folders, updater, package manager, firefox, etc)
>

>> On Aug 13, 2011 9:29 AM, "Wade Smart" <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 07:52, Ben Cliff <cliffer.benny@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > 11.04
>
>> 2.6.38-10-generi...
>

>> > --

I dont know if this will help - it does sometimes with me: on the usb dongle
or on the mouse, or both, there is a reset button. Sometimes I have to push
it. It doesnt always work though.

Old 08-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Rashkae