-   -   Installing the msttcorefonts package on a mchine withou internet access (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/56304-installing-msttcorefonts-package-mchine-withou-internet-access.html)

stan 02-15-2008 12:50 PM

Installing the msttcorefonts package on a mchine withou internet access

I need to install the msttcorefonts Ubuntu package on a machine that cannot
directly access the Internet. Under normal circumstances, this machine can
install Ubuntu packages by using another machine which does have Internet
access, using it's apt-proxy. But this particular package tries to directly
fetch some files from sourceforge, which of course fails.

Seems to me that I should be able to manually download these files from
sourceforge, and the let apt-get install try to install this package.
Problem is, I don't know where to place these files, such that apt-proxy
will recognize that they are already present, and thus not try to download
them.

I looked around on a machine that I have installed this package on, and
(using find) could not find these files at all, so i assuming that they are
transient, and deleted once the fonts have been extracted.

programs.