Old 08-11-2011, 08:08 AM
David Pusch

Default Infiniband Configuration Problems on 11.04 Server

Dear Community,I work at an IT firm and was tasked with setting up an Infiniband network. As of now this consists of 2 Servers, each with a Mellanox Technologies MT25204 card, connected by a cable.I installed the userspace drivers and the ofed drivers, added the following to my /etc/modules:
rdma_ucmib_saib_cmib_umadib_addrib_uverbsib_ipoibi b_ipathib_qibib_sdpib_mthca
but when I try to start opensm it gives me this error message:Error from osm_opensm_bind (0x2A)Perhaps another instance of OpenSM is already running"
As well ibstat gives this output:CA 'mthca0' CA type: MT25204 Number of ports: 1 Firmware version: 1.2.0 Hardware version: a0 Node GUID: 0x0008f10403992be0 System image GUID: 0x0008f10403992be3 Port 1: State: Initializing Physical state: LinkUp Rate: 10 Base lid: 0 LMC: 0 SM lid: 0 Capability mask: 0x02510a68 Port GUID: 0x0008f10403992be1
I would guess that something is inherently wrong as the adapter should most probably not be remaining in an Initializing stat.Any Ideas?Thanks in advance.

--*
David Pusch
Sent with Sparrow

Old 08-30-2011, 04:20 AM
Saji Hameed

> I would guess that something is inherently wrong as the adapter should most
probably not be remaining in an Initializing stat.
> Any Ideas?
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --*David PuschSent with Sparrow

I had the same problem. It is possibly resolvable by updating the Udev rules as
suggested by
http://davidhunt.ie/wp/?p=375