Old 08-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Dejan Ribič

Default Asus X50SL kernel 3.0 wireless problem Ubuntu Atheros SOLVED

Dne 9.8.2011 21:41, piše Ric Moore:

On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 16:30 +0200, Dejan Ribič wrote:

Hi,

I guess I should give you more details, I appologize for that, so
here are the links:
1. config-3.0.1 http://pastebin.com/cJY65hYu
2. diff file between two configs: http://pastebin.com/UrsmpSxR
3. diffstat:
config-2.6.39.4-core2 | 189 72 + 117 - 0 !

If you need anymore info just tell me and I will provide it

You're missing the point, you rolled your own kernel. You broke it, you
get to keep the pieces. It is now part of your learning curve, not ours.
Good luck. That is a stock issue not covered on ~any~ Linux forum except
the kernel group list. Ric

Hi,

well today I finally had a bit of free time and decided to check
http://bugzilla.kernel.org/ for any related bugs, and I've found one. I
understand that this is not exactly Ubuntu related, but I will post the
solution anyway, so that if someone else becomes a victim of this bug,
he/she can solve it in an instance:
1. open your .config file(after you've run make menuconfig) with a text
editor(like gedit, etc.) and find a line:

# CONFIG_ATH9K_PCI is not set
2. change it to:
CONFIG_ATH9K_PCI=y
3. save and compile the kernel.