Old 08-10-2011, 12:39 AM
James Freer

Default Trying Kmail -- yahoo imap settings

"Course, I wonder if Yahoo would be upset at me if I discovered the
settings that they use for IMAP on the iPhone, and applied those to
Thunderbird..."

Not sure what those settings are but i've just tried these in
Thunderbird and they work (like ten mins ago). Why yahoo don't become
public about imap i'm not sure.

I'm username@yahoo.co.uk [maybe they won't work for other . extensions
but do work i gather for .com]

imap.mail.yahoo.com:993
smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465

You'll have to enter them manually (i stick to SSL so i haven't tried
the alternative 587 TLS).

Problem solved!!! [don't know now what i tried before which didn't
work].

james