Old 08-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Dejan Ribič

Default Asus X50SL kernel 3.0.1 wireless problem

Hi,

I am running Natty 64-bit on my Asus X50SL, I have a custom built 3.0.1
installed, and all is working fine except the wlan, the system doesn't
even find any wi-fi card in the system and whats more strange is that
when i boot Ubuntu with 2.6.39.4(also custom built, same configuration
as 3.0.1) my wi-fi card is working perfectly.

Please help.

Cheers,

Dejan

Old 08-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Jordon Bedwell

On 09/08/11 07:39, Dejan Ribič wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Natty 64-bit on my Asus X50SL, I have a custom built 3.0.1
> installed, and all is working fine except the wlan, the system doesn't
> even find any wi-fi card in the system and whats more strange is that
> when i boot Ubuntu with 2.6.39.4(also custom built, same configuration
> as 3.0.1) my wi-fi card is working perfectly.

I hate to say this but once you build a custom Kernel it's up to YOU to
support it since we don't know how you compiled it what your
configurations were and the whole 9 yards, to put it quite frank,
support questions like this are loaded for fail because you've left out
so much information that we need.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Dejan Ribič

Hi,

I guess I should give you more details, I appologize for that, so
here are the links:

1. config-3.0.1 http://pastebin.com/cJY65hYu
2. diff file between two configs: http://pastebin.com/UrsmpSxR
3. diffstat:
config-2.6.39.4-core2 | 189 72 + 117 - 0 !

If you need anymore info just tell me and I will provide it

Cheers,

Dejan

Old 08-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Ric Moore

On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 16:30 +0200, Dejan Ribič wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess I should give you more details, I appologize for that, so
> here are the links:
> 1. config-3.0.1 http://pastebin.com/cJY65hYu
> 2. diff file between two configs: http://pastebin.com/UrsmpSxR
> 3. diffstat:
> config-2.6.39.4-core2 | 189 72 + 117 - 0 !
> 1 file changed, 72 insertions(+), 117 deletions(-)
>
> If you need anymore info just tell me and I will provide it

You're missing the point, you rolled your own kernel. You broke it, you
get to keep the pieces. It is now part of your learning curve, not ours.
Good luck. That is a stock issue not covered on ~any~ Linux forum except
the kernel group list. Ric

Linux user# 44256