Old 08-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Larry Shields

Default Trying Kmail

Trying to see if KMAIL is different, I might just have to switch to another
ISP...
Another test...
Larry

Old 08-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Pastor JW

On Monday, August 08, 2011 7:30:07 am Larry Shields wrote:
> Trying to see if KMAIL is different, I might just have to switch to another
> ISP...
> Another test...
> Larry

Kmail is not an ISP; what the problem you are having is, is that gmail does
NOT show your own email's in the inbox. This is a function of gmail not your
email client. Gmail says it is a "remove spam mail" tool since it is a
common trick of spammers to use your own address as the sender address as well
as the receiver address. It has been this way since the beginning of gmail
service.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Jordon Bedwell

On 08/08/11 10:12, Pastor JW wrote:
> On Monday, August 08, 2011 7:30:07 am Larry Shields wrote:
>> Trying to see if KMAIL is different, I might just have to switch to another
> Kmail is not an ISP;

Nice to see you again captain obvious.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Ric Moore

On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 09:30 -0500, Larry Shields wrote:
> Trying to see if KMAIL is different, I might just have to switch to another
> ISP...
> Another test...
> Larry

Have you tried a pop setup with gmail, using kmail or evolution?? Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 08-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Larry

Trying to see if KMAIL is different, I might just have to switch to another
ISP...
Another test...
Larry

Kmail is not an ISP; what the problem you are having is, is that gmail does
NOT show your own email's in the inbox. This is a function of gmail not your
email client. Gmail says it is a "remove spam mail" tool since it is a
common trick of spammers to use your own address as the sender address as well
as the receiver address. It has been this way since the beginning of gmail
service.

*I am very well aware that KMAIL is not an ISP, but your right I am not
seeing my own emails when sending them to the user group...
I guess I will have to wait for the person who's ISP I am using to get
the info so I can add another email account on her ISP...

Thanks for the reply...Larry

*

--
Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
by Ubuntu ver 10.10 Ultimate Edition 2.9

Reg# Linux User 484593

"This is Linux Country,
on a quiet night you can hear
WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"

Old 08-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Doug

Trying to see if KMAIL is different, I might just have to switch to
another

ISP...
Another test...

/snip/
*I am very well aware that KMAIL is not an ISP, but your right I am
not seeing my own emails when sending them to the user group...
I guess I will have to wait for the person who's ISP I am using to get
the info so I can add another email account on her ISP...

Thanks for the reply...Larry

*

You shouldn't have to contact your ISP to install and use Thunderbird.
Then make that your default and forget about GMail.

--doug

Old 08-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Larry

Trying to see if KMAIL is different, I might just have to switch to
another

ISP...
Another test...

/snip/
*I am very well aware that KMAIL is not an ISP, but your right I am
not seeing my own emails when sending them to the user group...
I guess I will have to wait for the person who's ISP I am using to
get the info so I can add another email account on her ISP...

Thanks for the reply...Larry

*

You shouldn't have to contact your ISP to install and use Thunderbird.
Then make that your default and forget about GMail.

--doug

*I never said that I would need to contact my ISP to use TB, I've used
TB for years now...The main problem is that I am not using charter as I
was a month ago...So I am now waiting on the person who has this ISP
account not charter, to come home, so I can add another email account
since I no-longer am using Charter...

Larry
*

Old 08-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Tero Pesonen

On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 09:30 -0500, Larry Shields wrote:
> Trying to see if KMAIL is different, I might just have to switch to another
> ISP...
> Another test...

Why ISP? Why not change you email service provider instead. Using a
well-ran, for-fee email service usually rids one of all sorts Gmail,
Hotmail, Yahoo etc. nonsense.

Tero Pesonen

Old 08-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

Tero Pesonen wrote:

Trying to see if KMAIL is different, I might just have to switch to another
ISP...

Another test...

Why ISP? Why not change you email service provider instead. Using a
well-ran, for-fee email service usually rids one of all sorts Gmail,
Hotmail, Yahoo etc. nonsense.

Know one that does IMAP access for free? Without silly-low limits on
things?

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818