Old 08-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Larry

Default Test msg!

On 08/08/2011 08:32 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 08:30:13 -0500
Larry<larryesu@gmail.com> didst polemicize thusly:

*My Email seems to be not getting through, so this is a test msg
again...*

It never showed up here. ;-]

Cybe R. Wizard

Humm Wonder why it isn't showing up...???
Any idea...?

Larry

--
Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
by Ubuntu ver 10.10 Ultimate Edition 2.9

Reg# Linux User 484593

"This is Linux Country,
on a quiet night you can hear
WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"

Old 08-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Alan Pope

On 8 August 2011 14:30, Larry <larryesu@gmail.com> wrote:
> *My Email seems to be not getting through, so this is a test msg again...*

You use gmail. It doesn't show your sent mail until someone replies to
it. It's always done this.

Al.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Larry

*My Email seems to be not getting through, so this is a test msg again...*

You use gmail. It doesn't show your sent mail until someone replies to
it. It's always done this.

Al.

*Ok Al, I did not know that, since I had been using Charter.net, and now
Charter will not let me send email using another ISP, something new to
make things worst...Might you know of another email client that is
better...???

Thanks Larry

*

Old 08-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Colin Law

On 8 August 2011 14:38, Alan Pope <alan@popey.com> wrote:
> On 8 August 2011 14:30, Larry <larryesu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> *My Email seems to be not getting through, so this is a test msg again...*
>>

> You use gmail. It doesn't show your sent mail until someone replies to
> it. It's always done this.

Isn't it annoying how, having spent several minutes (well tens of
seconds anyway) carefully crafting a beautifully phrased and concise
reply to a question, a reply duplicating yours comes in just as you
are about to click Send?

Colin

Old 08-08-2011, 02:57 PM
CJ Tres

Sorry, I thought you were my friend Larry - I should read all of the
e-mail before I reply!

Old 08-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Larry

I see it here... ? what is it you're not seeing?

*My Email seems to be not getting through, so this is a test msg
again...*

It never showed up here. ;-]

Cybe R. Wizard

Humm Wonder why it isn't showing up...???
Any idea...?

Larry

*What I am not seeing is my own message, sent too the user group only...
Larry
*

Old 08-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Ric Moore

On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 09:55 -0500, CJ Tres wrote:
> I see it here... ? what is it you're not seeing?

What?

Linux user# 44256

Old 08-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

Larry wrote:

I see it here... ? what is it you're not seeing?

*My Email seems to be not getting through, so this is a test msg
again...*

It never showed up here. ;-]

Cybe R. Wizard

Humm Wonder why it isn't showing up...???
Any idea...?

Larry

*What I am not seeing is my own message, sent too the user group only...
Larry
*

GMail "helpfully" hides the messages you send to a mailing list. They
assume that you can just find it in your Sent folder....

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

- from some guy in the internet.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

Larry wrote:

*My Email seems to be not getting through, so this is a test msg
again...*

You use gmail. It doesn't show your sent mail until someone replies to
it. It's always done this.

Al.

*Ok Al, I did not know that, since I had been using Charter.net, and now
Charter will not let me send email using another ISP, something new to
make things worst...Might you know of another email client that is
better...???

Thanks Larry

*

You can always use Thunderbird. Setup GMail (or any other account), but
use the Charter SMTP server for sending.
My employer does the same sort of thing; for security /spam prevention
reasons. They only allow their SMTP server be used on their network. So
this message I'm sending, while it's from my personal email, is being
sent via work's SMTP server.