Old 08-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Larry

Default Problem with updated kernel 2.6.35-30 Generic...

I have been off line for a little more than a month, I got back on-line
the other day, and say that I was notified about updates, so I installed
them, but now it will not boot like it has before...??? I see the kernel
is now 2.6.35-30 generic and all of my other kernels are using pae, so
each time I boot up from the menu from grub I have to make sure it boots
to the working kernel 2.6.35-28 pae...

Can some one help me on how to remove the kernel 2.6.35-30 generic, and
what ever else is need for it to run kernel 2.6.35-28 pae at boot up...???

Thanks for any help on he issue.

Larry

--
Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
by Ubuntu ver 10.10 Ultimate Edition 2.9

Reg# Linux User 484593

"This is Linux Country,
on a quiet night you can hear
WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"

Old 08-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Stephen Kuhn

On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 08:36 -0500, Larry wrote:
> I have been off line for a little more than a month, I got back on-line
> the other day, and say that I was notified about updates, so I installed
> them, but now it will not boot like it has before...??? I see the kernel
> is now 2.6.35-30 generic and all of my other kernels are using pae, so
> each time I boot up from the menu from grub I have to make sure it boots
> to the working kernel 2.6.35-28 pae...
>
> Can some one help me on how to remove the kernel 2.6.35-30 generic, and
> what ever else is need for it to run kernel 2.6.35-28 pae at boot up...???
>
> Thanks for any help on he issue.
>
> Larry

You can remove the unused/unwanted "images" by running the Synaptic
Package Manager, search on "linux-image", choose the image(s) you don't
want, remove them, and grub will re-write itself minus the
unwanted/unused kernels.

--
yankdownunder
reg'd linux user #267497

Old 08-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Rigved Rakshit

> I have been off line for a little more than a month, I got back on-line

> the other day, and say that I was notified about updates, so I installed

> them, but now it will not boot like it has before...??? I see the kernel

> is now 2.6.35-30 generic and all of my other kernels are using pae, so

> each time I boot up from the menu from grub I have to make sure it boots

> to the working kernel 2.6.35-28 pae...

> Can some one help me on how to remove the kernel 2.6.35-30 generic, and

> what ever else is need for it to run kernel 2.6.35-28 pae at boot up...???

> Thanks for any help on he issue.

> Larry

You can remove the unused/unwanted "images" by running the Synaptic

Package Manager, search on "linux-image", choose the image(s) you don't

want, remove them, and grub will re-write itself minus the

unwanted/unused kernels.

--

yankdownunder

reg'd linux user #267497

Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

I run linux, now go STFU.

Also, you should search linux-headers in Synaptic and remove the headers for old kernels. This will help you to free up some space.
You can check out this video as well for your help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FYW2nGv4gs

Regards,
Rigved Rakshit