-   -   Ubuntu on SunFire Servers X2200 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/561290-ubuntu-sunfire-servers-x2200.html)

oscar mlowe 08-03-2011 01:03 PM

Ubuntu on SunFire Servers X2200

Dear all

I am seeking help on how I can install Ubuntu on SunFire Server X2200 serries with thin client terminals SunRay 270 series,

Regards

Ben Tinner 08-07-2011 08:04 AM

On Wednesday, 3 August 2011 6:03 AM, oscar mlowe wrote:

>Dear all

>I am seeking help on how I can
install Ubuntu on SunFire Server X2200 series with >thin client
terminals SunRay 270 series,

>Regards

>--

First of all, you have to specify your processor type and manufacturer
(e.g. Intel 32-bit), what version of ubuntu to install (e.g.Ubuntu,
Kubuntu) and the version number (e.g. 10.04, 10.10)

Ben Tinner

Eero Volotinen 08-07-2011 10:04 AM

2011/8/3 oscar mlowe <oscarmlowe@yahoo.co.uk>:
> Dear all
>
> I am seeking help on how I can install Ubuntu on SunFire Server X2200 serries with thin client terminals SunRay 270 series,

SunFire X2200 is normal amd-processor based server, so you can install
ubuntu 32bit or 64bit. old sunday 270 is possibly
useless crap, see
http://www.mail-archive.com/ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net/msg27027.html

--
Eero