Old 08-05-2011, 01:07 PM
GaryT

Default How to Install UVC Pack?

Plugging in a simple Webcam I discovered that in order to work with
Ubuntu (in fact, with Linux) it needs a UVC Pack installed. It's a
"Digitech QC3233 Driverless USB Webcam".

Naturally, ignoring the UVC requirement didn't work :-)

We're attempting to run it under Ubuntu 10.04.

How does one obtain a UVC pack?

Computer is 64-bit AMD Sempron 3400+ running the .386 version.

Would it be simpler just to buy an alternative Webcam. Would there be a
list of those that work and those what don't?

Any help greatly appreciated
GaryT

Old 08-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Alan Pope

On 5 August 2011 14:07, GaryT <taig@melbpc.org.au> wrote:
> We're attempting to run it under Ubuntu 10.04.

What apps have you tested the webcam with?

Tried Guvcview?

Cheers,
Al.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:19 PM