Old 08-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Adam Funk

Default getting applications to use the keyring for authenticated printing

Where I work, printing is done through a server with a
"smb:///printhost..../printerName" URL, and the server requires
authentication.

Seahorse shows a stored userid & password in the keyring for this
server, but only acroread uses it. Every other application requires
me to enter my password for every single print job.

Any idea how to force the other apps to use the one in the keyring?

Thanks,
Adam

Old 08-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Jordon Bedwell

On 05/08/11 05:33, Adam Funk wrote:
> Any idea how to force the other apps to use the one in the keyring?

I believe it's up to the application to integrate with keyring.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Adam Funk

On 2011-08-05, Jordon Bedwell wrote:

> On 05/08/11 05:33, Adam Funk wrote:
>> Any idea how to force the other apps to use the one in the keyring?
>
> I believe it's up to the application to integrate with keyring.

Oh. In that case, I'm stuck?

Old 08-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Adam Funk

On 2011-08-05, Jordon Bedwell wrote:

> On 05/08/11 05:33, Adam Funk wrote:
>> Any idea how to force the other apps to use the one in the keyring?
>
> I believe it's up to the application to integrate with keyring.

I think you're right, thanks; I just noticed that printing from
LibreOffice doesn't require the password.