Old 08-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Jordon Bedwell

Default Captcha image is not showing

On 06/08/11 12:05, Amrit Pal Pathak wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM, Steven Susbauer <steven@too1337.com
> <mailto:steven@too1337.com>> wrote:
>
> On Aug 5, 2011, at 12:59 AM, Amrit Pal Pathak wrote:
>

> > On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com
> <mailto:clanlaw@googlemail.com>> wrote:
> > On 4 August 2011 19:20, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com
> <mailto:amritpalpathak1@gmail.com>> wrote:

> <mailto:amritpalpathak1@gmail.com>>

> > The page is full of html errors, see
> >
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2F202.164.53.116%2FGNDEC-SMS-Service%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doct ype=Inline&group=0
> <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2F202.164.53.116%2FGNDEC-SMS-Service%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doct ype=Inline&group=0>
> Yes you are right Sir.But my question is something else.If captcha is
> visible on server then why it is not visible on my local system(ubuntu
> 10.04).Is there any php package to install or something else went wrong.
>
> What do you mean it is visible on the server but not on your local system?
> it mean it is working smoothly on server.I have downloaded this project and
> installed(/var/www) it on my local system but captcha in browser is not visible.
> Are you opening the HTML file directly on your local system, or loading it
> in a web browser off of the server (from the link you gave us). If you are
> just opening the HTML file, of course the captcha will not show, you would
> have to use an HTTP server with PHP and load it in a browser.
>
> I am opening it through browser from /var/www

Probably php5-gd or php5-imagick, more than likely it's the former.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Amrit Pal Pathak

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Jordon Bedwell <jordon@envygeeks.com> wrote:

On 06/08/11 12:05, Amrit Pal Pathak wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM, Steven Susbauer <steven@too1337.com

> <mailto:steven@too1337.com>> wrote:

> * * On Aug 5, 2011, at 12:59 AM, Amrit Pal Pathak wrote:

> * * *>

> * * *>

> * * *> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com

> * * <mailto:clanlaw@googlemail.com>> wrote:

> * * *> On 4 August 2011 19:20, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com

> * * <mailto:amritpalpathak1@gmail.com>> wrote:

> * * *> >

> * * *> >

> * * *> > On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Alan Pope <alan@popey.com

> * * <mailto:alan@popey.com>> wrote:

> * * *> >>

> * * *> >> On 4 August 2011 18:45, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com

> * * <mailto:amritpalpathak1@gmail.com>>

> * * *> >> wrote:

> * * *> >> > I have download a project from server to my local desktop.The captcha

> * * *> >> > image

> * * *> >> > is not showing.

> * * *> >> > Why?

> * * *> >>

> * * *> >> You're not giving us much to go on. Some more detail might help.

> * * *> >> Well you can see it is working on server but on my system *it is not

> * * *> >> visible.http://202.164.53.116/GNDEC-SMS-Service/

> * * *>

> * * *> The page is full of html errors, see

> * * *>

> * * http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2F202.164.53.116%2FGNDEC-SMS-Service%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doct ype=Inline&group=0

> * * <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2F202.164.53.116%2FGNDEC-SMS-Service%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doct ype=Inline&group=0>

> * * * * *Yes you are right Sir.But my question is something else.If captcha is

> * * visible on server then why it is not visible on my local system(ubuntu

> * * 10.04).Is there any php package to install or something else went wrong.

> * * What do you mean it is visible on the server but not on your local system?

> * * it mean it is working smoothly on server.I have downloaded this project and

> * * installed(/var/www) it on my local system but captcha in browser is not visible.

> * * Are you opening the HTML file directly on your local system, or loading it

> * * in a web browser off of the server (from the link you gave us). If you are

> * * just opening the HTML file, of course the captcha will not show, you would

> * * have to use an HTTP server with PHP and load it in a browser.

> * * *I am opening it through browser from /var/www

Probably php5-gd or php5-imagick, more than likely it's the former.

It worked .Thank you very much sir.

You rocks!!!

--
Thanks
Regards

Old 08-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Colin Law

On 5 August 2011 17:19, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You can check the attached screenshot where captcha is not visible.And
>> please check following link (Server's)where is visible.
>> http://202.164.53.116/GNDEC-SMS-Service/
>
> ** *Please somebody help me to get rid of it.

Have you compared the html of the page that is correct and the one
that is not in order to see what the difference is? That may give you
a clue. Don't just post the differences and expect someone to tell
you what is going on. Try and work it out for yourself.

Colin

Old 08-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Amrit Pal Pathak

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 3:12 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:

On 5 August 2011 17:19, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:

>> You can check the attached screenshot where captcha is not visible.And

>> please check following link (Server's)where is visible.

>> http://202.164.53.116/GNDEC-SMS-Service/

> ** *Please somebody help me to get rid of it.

Have you compared the html of the page that is correct and the one

that is not in order to see what the difference is?*
Both are same.

Well it is working fine now after installing image-magic and other packages

Old 08-07-2011, 02:08 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

On Sat, August 6, 2011 19:05, Amrit Pal Pathak wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM, Steven Susbauer <steven@too1337.com>
> wrote:

*snip*

>> Are you opening the HTML file directly on your local system, or loading
>> it in a web browser off of the server (from the link you gave us). If
>> you are just opening the HTML file, of course the captcha will not
>> show, you would have to use an HTTP server with PHP and load it in a
>> browser.
>>
> I am opening it through browser from /var/www

You are doing it wrong.

You should open it from http://127.0.0.1/ or http://localhost/
If you are opening it from /var/www, then you are looking at the
underlying filesystem and you are bypassing the webserver that processes
all the scripts.
Obviously, you don't know what you are doing. This sounds harsh, but
that's my conclusion after reading your messages for more than a month.
Don't worry, not everybody can be an expert in everything. For example I
wouldn't know how to repair my car if it broke down. Have you considered
getting paid support? I'm sure there must be Linux consulting companies in
your area.

Also, I ask you not to misquote me if you reply, like you have misquoted
everyone else on this list. Start your reply on a new line. If you don't
do that, then I will be very disappointed in you.

--
Amedee

Old 08-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Amrit Pal Pathak

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Amedee Van Gasse <amedee-ubuntu@amedee.be> wrote:

On Sat, August 6, 2011 19:05, Amrit Pal Pathak wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM, Steven Susbauer <steven@too1337.com>

*snip*

You should open it from http://127.0.0.1/ or http://localhost/** * That's what i am doing.Problem is solved now.*