Old 08-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Amrit Pal Pathak

Default Permission to directory in /var/www

*

>>> wrote:

>>> How long did you spend with google before coming back to ask here?

>>> I hope you are not just seeing an error and immediately asking for

>>> more help. *That way you will never learn how to sort your own

>>> problems out.

>> * * I couldn't understand it thats why i ask immediately.

> So what have you learnt by googling the error message now? *A good

> search might be call to undefined function mysql_connect ubuntu

> You may still not be able to solve it yourself but you will be able to

> say what you have tried and what happened.

> I don't know the answer myself by the way, but if I had the problem

> then google would be my first approach and only if I still could not

> sort it would I ask people to spend their time trying to help me.

The better Google query would be: "php ubuntu undefined mysql_connect"

Anyways to answer:

* *apt-get install php5-mysql

Thank you very much sir and all.It worked.I restarted the mysql and apache after it and it worked!!*

--
*Thank you !!
*

*amritpalpathak.blogspot.com

Old 08-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Amrit Pal Pathak

But it left me with another issue.Now it is accessing the directory but showing the another mysql's error .I have mysql installed and have sudo access on it.The database is imported in mysql which this directory would use but dont know why it is giving the following error.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /var/www/GNDEC-SMS-Service/functions.php on line 13

Thank you again for your patience and support!!

amritpalpathak.blogspot.com

Old 08-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Jordon Bedwell

On 04/08/11 11:48, Amrit Pal Pathak wrote:
> But it left me with another issue.Now it is accessing the directory but showing
> the another mysql's error .
> I have mysql installed and have sudo access on it.The database is imported in
> mysql which this directory would use but dont know why it is giving the
> following error.
>
> Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
> password: YES) in /var/www/GNDEC-SMS-Service/functions.php on line 13

You got your password wrong, make sure it's right in your settings.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Amrit Pal Pathak

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Jordon Bedwell <jordon@envygeeks.com> wrote:

On 04/08/11 11:48, Amrit Pal Pathak wrote:

> But it left me with another issue.Now it is accessing the directory but showing

> the another mysql's error .

> I have mysql installed and have sudo access on it.The database is imported in

> mysql which this directory would use but dont know why it is giving the

> following error.

> Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using

> password: YES) in /var/www/GNDEC-SMS-Service/functions.php on line 13

You got your password wrong, make sure it's right in your settings.

Got.
Thank you very much !!!
** *amritpalpathak.blogspot.com*