-   -   Need Some Thing Like DU Meter in Ubunut Lucid (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/560383-need-some-thing-like-du-meter-ubunut-lucid.html)

Md Ashickur Rahman Noor 08-04-2011 03:25 AM

Need Some Thing Like DU Meter in Ubunut Lucid

I am searching for some software which show me which process is using how much Internet like DU Meter.

Can some body give me some name.----------------------------------------------------------
Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh

Follow Me Twiter
Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman

scott 08-04-2011 03:38 AM

Need Some Thing Like DU Meter in Ubunut Lucid

I am searching for some software which show me which process is using how
much Internet like DU Meter.

Can some body give me some name.
Dedicated Linux Forum in
Bangladesh<http://forums.linuxdesh.com/member.php?action=register&referrer=3%20>
Follow Me Twiter<https://twitter.com/#%21/AshickunNoor>
Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman

You can try bandwidthd.

scott 08-04-2011 03:46 AM

Need Some Thing Like DU Meter in Ubunut Lucid

I am searching for some software which show me which process is using
how

much Internet like DU Meter.

Can some body give me some name.
Dedicated Linux Forum in
Bangladesh<http://forums.linuxdesh.com/member.php?action=register&referrer=3%20>

Follow Me Twiter<https://twitter.com/#%21/AshickunNoor>
Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman

You can try bandwidthd.

Or a quick google search gave me this
...http://broadbandforum.in/mtnl-broadband/4393-du-meter-for-linux/

"Cybe R. Wizard" 08-04-2011 04:08 AM

Need Some Thing Like DU Meter in Ubunut Lucid

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:25:56 +0600
Md Ashickur Rahman Noor <ashickur.noor@gmail.com> didst polemicize
thusly:

> I am searching for some software which show me which process is using
> how much Internet like DU Meter.
>
> Can some body give me some name.

GKrellM

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
Larry Niven, Steven Barnes

Pastor JW 08-05-2011 03:13 AM

On Wednesday, August 03, 2011 8:46:22 pm scott wrote:
> On 08/03/2011 11:38 PM, scott wrote:
> > On 08/03/2011 11:25 PM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
> >> I am searching for some software which show me which process is using
> >> how
> >> much Internet like DU Meter.
> >>
> >> Can some body give me some name.
> >> Dedicated Linux Forum in
> >> Bangladesh<http://forums.linuxdesh.com/member.php?action=register&referr
> >> er=3%20>
> >>
> >> Follow Me Twiter<https://twitter.com/#%21/AshickunNoor>
> >> Thank you
> >> Md Ashickur Rahman
> >
> > You can try bandwidthd.
>
> Or a quick google search gave me this
> ...http://broadbandforum.in/mtnl-broadband/4393-du-meter-for-linux/

Good, ...now did you actually find anything useful on this location? I didn't.
Not even with Google Chrome as it just killed the page without displaying any.
Firefox did bring some stuff up, several ads which I suspect is why chrome went
ahead and killed it. A name of a usable piece of software would have been
good information and perhaps along with the info that what is given on this
location works for KDE systems rather than gnome ones.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403

Md Ashickur Rahman Noor 08-05-2011 04:02 AM

Need Some Thing Like DU Meter in Ubunut Lucid

Thanks every body.

I need some thing which will show me which process is using how much bandwidth. I have not find any thing yet in these software. I may be wrong, if I then tell me please.----------------------------------------------------------

scott 08-05-2011 04:48 AM

[...]

Works fine for me. I should've given a heads up on the kde libs
involved, though. Just a quick question. Why come at me like I threw
water on your fire?

NoOp 08-05-2011 07:31 PM

On 08/04/2011 09:02 PM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
> Thanks every body.
>
> I need some thing which will show me which process is using how much
> bandwidth. I have not find any thing yet in these software. I may be wrong,
> if I then tell me please.

$ sudo apt-get install nethogs
$ nethogs

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/natty/man8/nethogs.8.html
<http://www.ubuntugeek.com/nethogs-net-top-tool-grouping-bandwidth-per-process.html>

NoOp 08-05-2011 07:33 PM

On 08/05/2011 12:31 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 08/04/2011 09:02 PM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
>> Thanks every body.
>>
>> I need some thing which will show me which process is using how much
>> bandwidth. I have not find any thing yet in these software. I may be wrong,
>> if I then tell me please.
>
> $ sudo apt-get install nethogs
> $ nethogs
Correction: