Old 08-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Pastor JW

Default Need Some Thing Like DU Meter in Ubunut Lucid

On Thursday, August 04, 2011 9:48:19 pm scott wrote:
> On 08/04/2011 11:13 PM, Pastor JW wrote:

> >> Or a quick google search gave me this
> >> ...http://broadbandforum.in/mtnl-broadband/4393-du-meter-for-linux/
> >
> > Good, ...now did you actually find anything useful on this location? I
> > didn't. Not even with Google Chrome as it just killed the page without
> > displaying any. Firefox did bring some stuff up, several ads which I
> > suspect is why chrome went ahead and killed it. A name of a usable
> > piece of software would have been good information and perhaps along
> > with the info that what is given on this location works for KDE systems
> > rather than gnome
>
> Works fine for me. I should've given a heads up on the kde libs
> involved, though. Just a quick question. Why come at me like I threw
> water on your fire?

Did not mean to, I meant that at best it is a KDE solution. Which of course I
do actually run. Many here however run gnome only and the install will drag
in all those KDE libs. What more concerned me was the lack of warning for the
new libs being imported. I do not know how it affects or even what it affects
in a gnome system as I've neither run nor installed a gnome desktop. Sorry if
I was too strong voiced.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403