Old 08-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Jay Vyas

Default bundling ?

Hi guys : Is it okay for me to use ubuntu to bundle a free application ?* I want to create a VM image of an ubuntu OS with the app pre-installed, so that I don't have to worry about libraries, etc.....* The documentation looks complicated on this matter, but I figured somebody might have already been through the same issue before and could give me some advice.

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC

Old 08-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Icarus Alive

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 12:44 AM, Jay Vyas <jayunit100@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys : Is it okay for me to use ubuntu to bundle a free application ?* I
> want to create a VM image of an ubuntu OS with the app pre-installed, so
> that I don't have to worry about libraries, etc.....* The documentation
> looks complicated on this matter, but I figured somebody might have already
> been through the same issue before and could give me some advice.

AFAIR, Ubuntu server AMI's are pretty common, and used as basis for
several VM appliances used in cloud-hosting. Especially for a free app
(i.e. no commercial motive associated), it might be quite safe, but
good to check explicitly with Canonical, if you don't understand the
standard legalese (which BTW many of us don't).