Old 08-03-2011, 04:48 PM
"jeremy, thomas"

Default When using monitor in TwinView, the OS doesn't recognizes it's native resolution, why?

"Monitor A": Samsung 940N 19" LCD [VGA connection]

"Monitor B": Samsung 940N 19" LCD [VGA connection]

VGA card: Nvidia Geforce GT220 [has 1 VGA, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI]

So I'm using a "DVI to VGA" converter.

Under Windows7: The OS recognizes the 1280x1024 native resolution in both monitors, hurray!

Under Ubuntu 11.04: The OS recognizes one of the monitors ("Monitor A")
as a Samsung, OK! (resolution is good too!). BUT: the other monitor
("Monitor B") is recognized as "Unknown", and uses 1024*768. (the
"other" monitor is the one that's with a DVI to VGA converter - "Monitor
B"). I installed the NVIDIA driver too, but it still recognizes the
second monitor - "Monitor B" (with the DVI to VGA converter) as it would
has a maximum resolution of 1024*768.

Question: How could I "tell" Ubuntu to use the "other" monitor - "Monitor B" with 1280*1024 (the native resolution)???