Old 08-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Alan Pope

Default Un-install apache2

On 2 August 2011 13:31, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:
> How can i complete uninstall apache2 i.e /var/www directory.
> I installed it by terminal using.
>
> sudo apt-get install apache2

sudo apt-get autoremove --purge apache2

Al.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Alan Pope

Old 08-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Amrit Pal Pathak

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Alan Pope <alan@popey.com> wrote:

On 2 August 2011 13:31, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can i complete uninstall apache2 i.e /var/www directory.

> I installed it by terminal using.

> sudo apt-get install apache2

sudo apt-get autoremove --purge apache2

I did.It asked for some packages to uninstall.i did ok
* * Still localhost is accessible and /var/www directory is present
** .
** Why?

--
*Thank you !!
*

*Amrit Pal

*amritpalpathak.blogspot.com

Old 08-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Amrit Pal Pathak

Old 08-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Alan Pope

On 2 August 2011 13:39, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Alan Pope <alan@popey.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2 August 2011 13:31, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > How can i complete uninstall apache2 i.e /var/www directory.
>> > I installed it by terminal using.
>> >
>> > sudo apt-get install apache2
>>
>> sudo apt-get autoremove --purge apache2
>> I did.It asked for some packages to uninstall.i did ok
>
> * * Still localhost is accessible and /var/www directory is present
> ** .
> ** Why?

Firstly, please could you type your reply in a blank spot, not on a
line that starts with ">". Thanks.

The stuff in /var/www is your website / data so it wont get remove by
removing the package. You need to take care of that yourself.

Al.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Alan Pope

Old 08-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Amrit Pal Pathak

>> > How can i complete uninstall apache2 i.e /var/www directory.

>> > I installed it by terminal using.

>> > sudo apt-get install apache2

>> sudo apt-get autoremove --purge apache2

>> I did.It asked for some packages to uninstall.i did ok

> * * Still localhost is accessible and /var/www directory is present

> ** .

> ** Why?

Firstly, please could you type your reply in a blank spot, not on a

line that starts with ">". Thanks.
* * * Ok i will take care

The stuff in /var/www is your website / data so it wont get remove by

removing the package. You need to take care of that yourself.

But i want to remove whole dir www .How should i do?Should i manually remove it ?

If apache gets removed by commend you said then why "localhost" in browsers is accessible.

* --
*Thank you !!
*

Old 08-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Amrit Pal Pathak

Old 08-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Alan Pope

On 2 August 2011 13:53, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The stuff in /var/www is your website / data so it wont get remove by
>> removing the package. You need to take care of that yourself.
>> But i want to remove whole dir www .How should i do?Should i manually
>> remove it ?
>> If apache gets removed by commend you said then why "localhost" in
>> browsers is accessible.

You did it again. Typing your reply with the prefix still on the line.
Please start your reply on a new line. It makes it hard to read
otherwise.

If you want to remove data then do so in the way you would normally
remove files.

Al.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Alan Pope