Old 08-04-2011, 03:36 PM
R Kimber

Default Php files are not being browse

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 15:02:33 +0100
Colin Law wrote:

> No doubt some pedant will correct my use of the word pedanticism.

Well, no, but shouldn't it be 'ought'? :-)

- Richard
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources

Old 08-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Colin Law

On 4 August 2011 16:36, R Kimber <richardkimber@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 15:02:33 +0100
> Colin Law wrote:
>
>> No doubt some pedant will correct my use of the word pedanticism.
>
> Well, no, but shouldn't it be 'ought'? * *:-)

Ah, well done, hoist with mine own petard.

Colin

Old 08-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Chris G

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 04:36:36PM +0100, R Kimber wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 15:02:33 +0100
> Colin Law wrote:
>
> > No doubt some pedant will correct my use of the word pedanticism.
>
> Well, no, but shouldn't it be 'ought'? :-)

Surely the right word for 'pedanticism' is pedantry.

--
Chris Green

Old 08-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Colin Law

On 4 August 2011 17:25, Chris G <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 04:36:36PM +0100, R Kimber wrote:
>> On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 15:02:33 +0100
>> Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> > No doubt some pedant will correct my use of the word pedanticism.
>>
>> Well, no, but shouldn't it be 'ought'? * *:-)
>>
> Surely the right word for 'pedanticism' is pedantry.

You are quite right, so was I it appears.

Colin

Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 AM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

On Thu, August 4, 2011 19:11, Colin Law wrote:
> On 4 August 2011 17:25, Chris G <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 04:36:36PM +0100, R Kimber wrote:

>>> Well, no, but shouldn't it be 'ought'? * *:-)
>>>
>> Surely the right word for 'pedanticism' is pedantry.
>
> You are quite right, so was I it appears.

You guys lost all non-native speakers (maybe the majority on this list?)
about 5 messages ago.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Colin Law

On 5 August 2011 10:53, Amedee Van Gasse <amedee-ubuntu@amedee.be> wrote:
> [...]
> You guys lost all non-native speakers (maybe the majority on this list?)
> about 5 messages ago.

That's ok, I usually get lost on the technical questions after a few posts

Colin

Old 08-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Jordon Bedwell

On 05/08/11 04:53, Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
> You guys lost all non-native speakers (maybe the majority on this list?)
> about 5 messages ago.

Is this not an English list anymore?

Old 08-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Nils Kassube

Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
> On Thu, August 4, 2011 19:11, Colin Law wrote:

> >> Surely the right word for 'pedanticism' is pedantry.
> >
> > You are quite right, so was I it appears.
>
> You guys lost all non-native speakers (maybe the majority on this
> list?) about 5 messages ago.

And I thought this was the understandable part of the thread ...

Nils

Old 08-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Jordon Bedwell

On 05/08/11 06:58, Nils Kassube wrote:
> And I thought this was the understandable part of the thread ...

Oh.... I see what you did there!

Old 08-05-2011, 03:06 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

On Fri, August 5, 2011 13:58, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Amedee Van Gasse wrote:

>> > You are quite right, so was I it appears.
>>
>> You guys lost all non-native speakers (maybe the majority on this
>> list?) about 5 messages ago.
>
> And I thought this was the understandable part of the thread ...

*chuckles*