Old 07-31-2011, 09:14 AM
Donkey Hottie

Default Unity: future of desktops

I somehome like Ubuntu Unity.
I don't like Gnome 3, as in Fedora 15.
I probably don't like Windows 8, but can't say yet.

It seems the the desktop is in change everywhere, and so far Unity feels
good. How ever, I still use and like Windows 7 as my main desktop.

Just thinking out loud...

--

Q: How many college football players does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: Only one, but he gets three credits for it.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:29 AM
Johnny Rosenberg

2011/7/31 Donkey Hottie <donkey@fredriksson.dy.fi>:

> I somehome like Ubuntu Unity.

I will probably like it when they fixed some things, like auto-hiding
the panel and a couple of more things.

> I don't like Gnome 3, as in Fedora 15.

Didn’t try that yet.

> I probably don't like Windows 8, but can't say yet.

Won’t try. 13 years with Windows was too much for me.

> It seems the the desktop is in change everywhere, and so far Unity feels
> good. How ever, I still use and like Windows 7 as my main desktop.

I still use Gnome 2, which I like more than anything I’ve seen so far.
KDE 4 looked nice (OpenSUSE) but there was too much crashing going on
for my taste; everything crashed all the time, kind of…
I tried to upgrade to Ubuntu 11.04 a while ago, but I did things in
the wrong order, so I didn't get it to work properly. I then installed
Ubuntu 10.10 from scratch and will probably not upgrade until the
support time runs out. If there isn’t a problem, don't fix it…

> Just thinking out loud...

Me too…