Old 07-31-2011, 08:36 AM
ANDY

Default VLC - Inhibit the power management daemon during playback

DELL LATITUDE D600
UBUNTU 9.10 +proposed
VLC 1.0.5

Although the manual Gnome Panel Inhibit Applet works to suppress the screen saver when I run such applications such as video playback, I want to use the automatic feature in VLC.

Under VLC TOOLS:PREFERENCES:ADVANCED I have enabled "Inhibit the power management daemon during playback", but it never does.

Is this a VLC or Ubuntu foobar?

ANDY - Salt Lake, UT US

Old 08-02-2011, 10:35 PM
ANDY

Although the manual Gnome Panel Inhibit Applet works to suppress the screen saver when I run such applications such as video playback, I want to use the automatic feature in VLC.

Any suggestions?

Old 08-02-2011, 10:56 PM
NoOp

On 08/02/2011 03:35 PM, ANDY wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 2:36 AM, ANDY <sirald66@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Although the manual Gnome Panel Inhibit Applet works to suppress the screen
>> saver when I run such applications such as video playback, I want to use the
>> automatic feature in VLC.
>>

> Any suggestions?

Yes. Upgrade from your 9.10 EOL version.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vlc/+bug/500010
you can add to that, but you'll get a 'Won't Fix' due to:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases
[End of Life (EOL)]

Old 08-02-2011, 11:29 PM
ANDY