-   -   Help on ubuntu (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/558897-help-ubuntu.html)

Mihir Golwalkar 07-31-2011 04:13 AM

Help on ubuntu

Hi all,

for past few days i have been trying to install and get ubuntu to work
on my desktop. here is the link of all the support i have got so far .

my problem is still not solved . please help. thanks.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11102991#post11102991

--
Kind regards,
Mihir,

NoOp 08-01-2011 08:07 PM

Help on ubuntu

On 07/30/2011 09:13 PM, Mihir Golwalkar wrote:
> Hi all,
> for past few days i have been trying to install and get ubuntu to work on my
> desktop. here is the link of all the support i have got so far .
> my problem is still not solved . please help. thanks.
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11102991#post11102991

Goh, these look like grub errors that you may be able to help Mihir
with. Also see:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+question/165078

"Goh Lip" 08-02-2011 02:13 AM

Help on ubuntu

for past few days i have been trying to install and get ubuntu to work
on my

desktop. here is the link of all the support i have got so far .
my problem is still not solved . please help. thanks.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11102991#post11102991

Goh, these look like grub errors that you may be able to help Mihir
with. Also see:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+question/165078

Most likely he is installing through unetbootin/pendrive linux using
*alternate* install.
Reason - (dev/disk/41xxxxx not found) and (/dev/loop0 - squashfs) and
(/dev/sdb1: LABEL="PENDRIVE" UUI).

Can we confirm this before going further?

Regards - Goh Lip

--
I used to have an open mind,
but my brains kept falling out.

NoOp 08-02-2011 04:43 PM

Help on ubuntu

On 08/01/2011 07:13 PM, Goh Lip wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 04:07:21 +0800, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> On 07/30/2011 09:13 PM, Mihir Golwalkar wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> for past few days i have been trying to install and get ubuntu to work
>>> on my
>>> desktop. here is the link of all the support i have got so far .
>>> my problem is still not solved . please help. thanks.
>>>
>>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11102991#post11102991
>>
>> Goh, these look like grub errors that you may be able to help Mihir
>> with. Also see:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+question/165078
>>

> Most likely he is installing through unetbootin/pendrive linux using
> *alternate* install.
> Reason - (dev/disk/41xxxxx not found) and (/dev/loop0 - squashfs) and
> (/dev/sdb1: LABEL="PENDRIVE" UUI).
> Can we confirm this before going further?
>
> Regards - Goh Lip

I reckon we'll just have to wait & see if Mihir shows back up. Thanks
for having a look.

Gary