Old 08-09-2011, 02:06 AM
"compdoc"

Default help with recover data from software raid 1

>> If it synced the wrong way would not both drives appear empty now?
>>Did you allow the sync to complete?
>
>No I stopped the sync process immediately once I discovered it. =
>shortly after the about /proc/mdstat output has been created.

Sorry, I misunderstood.

Why the confusion over which drive was sdb1 and which was sdc1?

Was the OS booting from the array, and now you don't want to boot the OS?

Or, did you add new drives to the system for the new sdb2-sdc2 array, and that
caused the system to change /dev names?