Old 07-28-2011, 07:19 PM
PM

Default A basic question, to be asked.

Hi,

In fact, I get very less time from my job to study or use PC but I have an interest to use Linux and to understand it to some extent, earlier also I was trying but again had to go out of station for job purposes. Right, in fact I have installed PCLinuxOS with Windows but due to simplicity and versatility, going to use Ubuntu, the most common flavor people use today. What I did last night, was installed, windows in 130 GB (approx) and PCLOS in 100 GB remaining. Now, please tell me if I install Ubuntu, would it ask me to replace the existing Linux partition or would it overwrite the entire disk? I want it with windows. It should definitely ask me. Secondly, should I go for Long support UBuntu? My main use is only to use it at home for personal use and I am having desktop PC with speakers. I hope it would not ask me to do this or that for speakers drives...? (if yes, please do let me know about all this before i install and use)

Last but not the least, please do let me know if it would support data card of Alcatel and 3G connection ( for internet).

I* hope it would be great to use Ubuntu!!
PM

Making the simple complicated is commonplace, making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's innovation.. -C Mingus