Old 07-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Steve Flynn

Default Sending a specific application output to a specific video card head

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Amichai Rotman <amichai@iglu.org.il> wrote:

Hi all,
My Linux box is running Ubunt Natty. I have an nVidia 8400GS video card with a dual (DVI and D-Sub) head.
I'd like to connect the D-Sub head to my LCD TV and run specific applications on it - like movies or presentations etc.

How do I tell the movie player to run on the other head?

Fire up the player - drag the window to the secondary monitor.*

--
Steve

When one person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Colin Law

On 28 July 2011 17:29, Steve Flynn <anothermindbomb@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Amichai Rotman <amichai@iglu.org.il>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> My Linux box is running Ubunt Natty. I have an nVidia 8400GS video card
>> with a dual (DVI and D-Sub) head.
>> I'd like to connect the D-Sub head to my LCD TV and run specific
>> applications on it - like movies or presentations etc.
>> How do I tell the movie player to run on the other head?
>
> Fire up the player - drag the window to the secondary monitor.

Many apps remember the previous position and will re-open on the same
monitor last used (if possible). Mplayer does this for example.

Colin