Old 07-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Jesse Palser

Default Went Back To Windows(R)...

Went Back To Windows(R)...

Hi,

Was using Linux for about 3 years.
First was Linux Mint, then Ubuntu(until Unity), and finally Xubuntu.

I've installed Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64Bit onto my main computer
and I must say I am finally happy with it.
(its pretty, stable, powerful, and compatible with what I need to use)

Two things made me go back to Windows(R):
- Video games (many of the games I like don't work under Linux using Wine)
- Possible job in software development (they use Windows(R) & Microsoft
Visual Studio)

It was a good 3 years, so thank you...

Jesse "JeZ+Lee"
16BitSoft
Video Game Design Studio
www.16BitSoft.com

Old 07-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

Jesse Palser wrote:

Went Back To Windows(R)...

Hi,

Was using Linux for about 3 years.
First was Linux Mint, then Ubuntu(until Unity), and finally Xubuntu.

I've installed Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64Bit onto my main computer
and I must say I am finally happy with it.
(its pretty, stable, powerful, and compatible with what I need to use)

Two things made me go back to Windows(R):
- Video games (many of the games I like don't work under Linux using Wine)
- Possible job in software development (they use Windows(R) & Microsoft
Visual Studio)

It was a good 3 years, so thank you...

Jesse "JeZ+Lee"
16BitSoft
Video Game Design Studio
www.16BitSoft.com

And the point of announcing this to us is.....?

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

- from some guy in the internet.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:29 PM
David Nelson

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO@aol.com> wrote:
> Two things made me go back to Windows(R):
> - Video games (many of the games I like don't work under Linux using Wine)

You should try running Windows inside VirtualBox OSE... Then you might
have better success using those really "Windows-dedicated" games.

Personally, you'll prise my Linux from my cold, dead fingers.

--
David Nelson

Old 07-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Jesse Palser

First was Linux Mint, then Ubuntu(until Unity), and finally Xubuntu.

I've installed Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64Bit onto my main computer
and I must say I am finally happy with it.
(its pretty, stable, powerful, and compatible with what I need to use)

Two things made me go back to Windows(R):
- Video games (many of the games I like don't work under Linux using
Wine)
- Possible job in software development (they use Windows(R) &
Microsoft Visual Studio)

It was a good 3 years, so thank you...

Jesse "JeZ+Lee"
16BitSoft
Video Game Design Studio
www.16BitSoft.com

And the point of announcing this to us is.....?

Hi,

Just thought I would share my opinion that current Windows(R) is really
not too bad.

Here is a screenshot of my new Windows(R) desktop:
http://16bitsoft.com/images/Windows7HP64BitDesktop01.png

Thanks!

Jesse

Old 07-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Jesse Palser

Two things made me go back to Windows(R):
- Video games (many of the games I like don't work under Linux using Wine)

You should try running Windows inside VirtualBox OSE... Then you might
have better success using those really "Windows-dedicated" games.

Personally, you'll prise my Linux from my cold, dead fingers.

Hi,

Tried running Windows(R) games under Linux using XP/7 VirtualBox VM's
but they just don't work.

If it makes anyone feel better, I did install Ubuntu 11.04 64Bit
into a VirtualBox VM under Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64Bit.

Thanks!

Jesse

Old 07-28-2011, 04:49 PM
JIA Pei

Linux host + Windows guest (using Vitual Box) is the best option, I guess.

Rgds

Two things made me go back to Windows(R):

- Video games (many of the games I like don't work under Linux using Wine)

You should try running Windows inside VirtualBox OSE... Then you might

have better success using those really "Windows-dedicated" games.

Personally, you'll prise my Linux from my cold, dead fingers.

Hi,

Tried running Windows(R) games under Linux using XP/7 VirtualBox VM's

but they just don't work.

If it makes anyone feel better, I did install Ubuntu 11.04 64Bit

into a VirtualBox VM under Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64Bit.

Thanks!

Jesse

Pei JIA
Email: jp4work@gmail.comcell: * *+1 604-362-5816

Welcome to Vision Open
http://www.visionopen.com

Old 07-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Colin Law

On 28 July 2011 17:21, Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO@aol.com> wrote:
> Went Back To Windows(R)...
>
> Hi,
>
> Was using Linux for about 3 years.
> First was Linux Mint, then Ubuntu(until Unity), and finally Xubuntu.
>
> I've installed Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64Bit onto my main computer
> and I must say I am finally happy with it.
> (its pretty, stable, powerful, and compatible with what I need to use)
>
> Two things made me go back to Windows(R):
> - Video games (many of the games I like don't work under Linux using Wine)
> - Possible job in software development (they use Windows(R) & Microsoft
> Visual Studio)

Don't forget to keep your virus scanner up to date. Hopefully you
have got enough processor power to not notice the overhead of scanning
disk access all the time.

Colin

Old 07-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Hal Burgiss