Old 07-28-2011, 05:07 PM
David Nelson

Default Went Back To Windows(R)...

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 7:35 PM, Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO@aol.com> wrote:
> Just thought I would share my opinion that current Windows(R) is really not
> too bad.
>
> Here is a screenshot of my new Windows(R) desktop:
> http://16bitsoft.com/images/Windows7HP64BitDesktop01.png

Oh, sure, cool... But my Ubuntu desktop looks just as cool. But who
owns Windows(R)? You? Or someone else? Me, I *own* my Linux and the
thousands of FOSS apps available to install with a couple of clicks
(and one password entry) via the Ubuntu Software Center... How about
that for real "cool"? ;-)

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO@aol.com> wrote:
> If it makes anyone feel better, I did install Ubuntu 11.04 64Bit
> into a VirtualBox VM under Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64Bit.

Nah, nobody carez. ;-)

Anyway, just idle banter. Good luck - especially with that job
opportunity - and all the best. ;-)

--
David Nelson

Old 07-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Tom H

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO@aol.com> wrote:

> Just thought I would share my opinion that current Windows(R) is really not
> too bad.
>
> Here is a screenshot of my new Windows(R) desktop:
> http://16bitsoft.com/images/Windows7HP64BitDesktop01.png

I agree with you that Win7's good but what does this have to do with
Ubuntu technical support?

Please get a blog account and promote Windows to your heart's content there.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:32 PM
LAMP

Just thought I would share my opinion that current Windows(R) is
really not

too bad.

Here is a screenshot of my new Windows(R) desktop:
http://16bitsoft.com/images/Windows7HP64BitDesktop01.png

I agree with you that Win7's good...

He said "is not too bad", not "is good". Huge difference.
:-D

I have one box with Win on it, for games (kids). But serious work I'm
doing on Ubuntu. ;-)

Old 07-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Robert Spanjaard

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 12:38:43 -0400, Jesse Palser wrote:

> If it makes anyone feel better, I did install Ubuntu 11.04 64Bit into a
> VirtualBox VM under Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64Bit.

Just ignore the criticism, and use the system that satisfies _you_ the most.

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com

Old 07-28-2011, 07:35 PM
rombout mager

you love it, or.... you hate it!
I like the alternative way, in every way, anyway.
and your 'starwars'-desktop isn't very alternative, or special..... better
design your own......
easy to do, also in ubuntu. just use your strong imagination-force and
intuļtion, like every artist does.
yes you have no doubt. you only have to use it. give it a try. I can, you
can!

visit the website-emporium the 'romboudianum'. full of design and photo-art.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Jeffrey Gray

I am about to go back to windows myself.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:23 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 14:41:43 -0500
Jeffrey Gray <chevy4x4burb@gmail.com> didst polemicize thusly:

> I am about to go back to windows myself.

Wasn't it P. T. Barnum who said, "there's a sucker born every minute?"

I see that he was right.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
Larry Niven, Steven Barnes

Old 07-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Tom H

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 3:32 PM, LAMP <lamp@afan.net> wrote:
> On Jul 28, 2011, at 12:26 PM, Tom H wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO@aol.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just thought I would share my opinion that current Windows(R) is really
>>> not too bad.
>>>
>>> Here is a screenshot of my new Windows(R) desktop:
>>> http://16bitsoft.com/images/Windows7HP64BitDesktop01.png
>>
>> I agree with you that Win7's good...
>
> He said "is not too bad", not "is good". Huge difference.
> :-D

Thanks and sorry. I misread/misunderstood most probably because I
think that Windows's very good...

Old 07-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Tom Sparks

On 7/28/2011 12:29 PM, David Nelson wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Jesse Palser<SLNTHERO at aol.com> wrote:
>>Two things made me go back to Windows(R):
>>- Video games (many of the games I like don't work under Linux using Wine)
>You should try running Windows inside VirtualBox OSE... Then you might
>have better success using those really "Windows-dedicated" games.
>
>Personally, you'll prise my Linux from my cold, dead fingers.

I find Windows Vista/7 is hard to navigate then DOS/3.1/95/98/ME/XP
(don't f*ck with things that work)
PS: I use all the computers in my sig

--
tom_a_sparks "It's a nerdy thing I like to do"
Please use ISO approved file formats excluding Office Open XML - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

Old 07-29-2011, 10:09 AM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

On Thu, July 28, 2011 18:35, Jesse Palser wrote:

> Here is a screenshot of my new Windows(R) desktop:
> http://16bitsoft.com/images/Windows7HP64BitDesktop01.png

I see that you are still using Free Software: Pidgin, LibreOffice,
Firefox, Thunderbird. Despite your wallpaper, you haven't gone all the way
to The Dark Side.